Human Resources Coordinator
The HR Coordinator is a key point of contact for the Yarmouth region. The HR Coordinator plays a critical role in supporting the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office and will act as a partner to employees and management. The HR Coordinator will be primarily responsible for supporting HR practices including but not limited to; employee file maintenance, completion of payroll administration, facilitation of new hire onboarding and other administrative duties as required. They will also be responsible for providing general back up HR support for other Company locations as required.
- Maintain confidential, accurate and current employee files and information and ensure that all communication is in accordance with current approved templates, and the appropriate provincial legislation.
- Maintain site employee records, processes site payroll forms within the applicable system and ensures accuracy of information.
- Track and files all employee related documents i.e. Work Permits, Performance Warnings, Reviews, Policy Signoffs, Compliance Training Completion, Benefits Enrollment, etc.
- Assist with the management of the Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Accommodation and Benefits programs.
- Provide intake and assessment advice to the HR Business Partner regarding employee issues and concerns.
- Support the HR Business Partner to conduct local employee relations investigations by researching, collecting and comparing data where required.
- Provide coaching and guidance to client group managers and supervisors on issues involving basic employee relations, performance management, discipline, conflict resolution, attendance management, etc.
- Manage new hire orientation which includes facilitating onboarding sessions, creating new hire packages, ensuring accurate completion of paperwork, distributing introductory emails, and creating employee files.
- Support change management within the region.
- Assist in the implementation of HR policies and procedures for employee and managers.
- Interprets and implements HR policies and procedures for managers and employees.
- Assist in the research, updating and development of HR policies and practices.
- Develop internal HR communication material specific to Human Resources policies and procedures or other internal business needs.
- Act as an internal consultant by establishing trust and credibility with leaders. Acts as sounding board on organizational and people issues. Maintains a thorough understanding of the regional goals, direction, business plans and overall organizational culture.
- Provide general Administrative Support such as preparation of employment letters i.e. employment verification, transfer/promotion and leave letters.
- Runs and creates ad hoc reports as required.
- Provides assistance and/or leads HR project work as assigned.
- Performs other HR administrative tasks as required.
- Formal Human Resources education at the post-secondary level is considered an asset.
- Minimum 1-2 years previous HR experience is considered an asset.
- Exceptional problem solver with ability to think on their feet.
- Ability to execute quality in a very fast paced environment.
- Team player with a demonstrated ability to multi-task, take action and meet multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive/difficult situations with understanding and tact.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information at all times.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient at using MS Office Products. An advanced skillset in MS Excel is considered an asset.
- Highly motivated, outgoing, professional and caring individual.
- Working knowledge of current employment legislation.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.