Director of Risk Operations
As the Director of Risk Operations, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of Risk Operations departments. This includes Inbound Risk Services, Fraud, Joint Recovery Processing (JRP), Credit, Anti-Money Laundering Operations (AML), Financial Transactions, Settlement and Reconciliation. You will be the primary point of contact for the client relationship, responsible for the overall effectiveness and execution of the program. You will be responsible for the direct leadership of the Operations Managers, the supervisors and employees across the risk departments. You will be required to thoroughly understand the risk business drivers in order to ensure successful attainment of customer experience, service levels and financial budgets.
- Responsible for the leadership and development of the Risk Operations workforce across multiple sites (currently includes Toronto, Ottawa and Bridgewater but could expand over time)
- Proactively drives employee engagement and career development with the goal of continuous attrition reduction at the agent level
- Builds and supports leadership development and succession planning for key roles
- Responsible for managing the client relationship on a day to day basis, including ad-hoc inquiries and escalations
- Prepares and co-facilitates monthly and quarterly business review meetings with the client.
- Working internally and with the client on planning and implementing risk strategies and operational processes
- Proactively assessing and improving business and systematic processes to provide the best customer experience, while balancing fraud and credit risk
- Monitors the program key performance indicators (KPI’s) to ensure all contractual obligations and internal goals are achieved with consistency
- Identifies synergies between inbound contact center business and offline risk functions, in order to drive efficiencies and customer experience improvements for the program
- Working closely with internal support teams to collect, analyze, and summarize program data and trends in order to improve the program and employee experience
- Maintains and develops subject matter expertise in the areas of credit, fraud, disputes and AML in the leadership and front-line employee teams.
- Works closely with the Director of Compliance to ensure the necessary controls and monitoring are in place in the business; proactively identifies gaps and puts remediation activities in place
- Works closely with the Director of Customer Service to align on overall PCB program, strategic initiatives, process improvements and employee satisfaction
- Participates in internal and client driven projects relating to the PCB Risk business, working closely with the internal Project Management Office when required.
- Leverages the Change Management process for all internal or client initiated change requests
- Works collaboratively with work force management to ensure detailed capacity plans are in place for each department, managing efficiency metrics, attrition and hiring plans to meet budget and service level requirements – participates in monthly Business Operations Review (BOR) meetings with the client.
- 3+ years in credit card risk experience
- 5+ years people leadership experience, including previous experience of leading managers
- Post-Secondary education or a combination of work experience and education
- Demonstrated ability to leader and motivate managers and front-line employees
- Highly flexible - willing to engage outside core business hours as necessary
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interpret financial spreadsheet information, design financial reports and do basic payment calculations
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills
- Highly motivated, outgoing and able to portray a professional positive attitude
- Experience with client management, proven ability to maintain client relationships, plans, goals and their objectives
- Strong computer skills including: Word, Excel, and other office software, Windows operating systems, Internet Explorer
- Able to troubleshoot issues, anticipate problems and make logical decisions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and demands from clients and meet challenging time-line commitments
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external partners
- Travel between operational sites and to client locations is required (estimated 10-15% travel time)