Perform analysis and investigation of activity on credit card accounts that have been identified as potentially fraudulent. Your work will include investigating fraud cases to determine the validity of the case and accept the claim or challenge the cardholder by reviewing transaction details and contacting card holders and merchants.
- Manages and investigates potential fraud cases. Review case details to determine validity of case and if fraud is accepted or challenge the cardholder on invalid claims.
- Researches and processes chargeback transactions related to unauthorized purchases and assists in other recovery efforts.
- Utilizes available data to look for commonalities and relationships among fraud cases – Collusive merchants, Common points of purchase, test points. Share trends with management/client in real time to support detection strategy.
- Conducts outbound calls with cardholders to verify validity of transaction activity
- Thoroughly completes assigned work to minimize any monetary loss to company
- Prepares Fraud “Root Cause Analysis” reports to proactively minimize future fraud occurrences.
- Audit and review detection activity to determine performance, process, or strategy gaps.
- Review cases to ensure accurate fraud reporting
- Support real time detection activities as needed
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years fraud experience. Investigation and chargeback skills an asset.
- Excellent telephone communication skills with emphasis on good listening, probing and negotiation skills.
- Personal qualities include adaptability, flexibility, even-temperament, focused, dependability and reliability and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to think in a methodical and logical manner.
- Strong understanding of fraud strategies with respect to operational impacts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook are assets as well as the ability to multitask.
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.