Accounts Payable Coordinator
Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance, the Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for Accounts Payable, employee expenses and month-end close. The Accounts Payable Coordinator must be deadline-oriented with excellent attention to details and enjoy working in a fast-paced Accounting department.
- Perform full cycle Accounts Payable functions
- Obtain and organize all necessary invoicing information including approvals.
- Determine appropriate accounting codes to the documents according to LOB and expense type.
- Enter invoice details into the Accounting system, verify charges and match the invoices.
- Process employee expense reports including validation against supporting document to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare cheque run, match with backup, and submit for signatures.
- Monitor and handle emails in AP inbox.
- Prepare credit application and set up new vendors
- Maintain vendor master
- Analyze and reconcile vendor statements
- Communicate with vendors to follow up, clarify information and resolve disputes.
- Prepare journals and accruals for month-end
- Prepare analysis and account reconciliations
- Maintain, file and archive AP invoices, document, and cheque payments.
- Assist in audits, forecasting and budgeting
- Other projects/tasks as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in a Business/Accounting program
- Preferably working towards Accounting designation, CPA
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- 3+ years AP and general accounting experience
- Proficient with accounting systems and MS Office. Preferably with advanced level Excel
- Strong knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to work independently and as part of a team.
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.