The Merchants Internal Communication (IC) team is looking for a Communications Specialist to join our team. The IC team provides expert communications advice and delivers clear, concise, and meaningful internal employee communications that helps inform our people and properly guide change. The team is responsible for building people engagement through proactive planning, consultation, content development, and storytelling through a variety of mediums in support of strategic goals and our vision. The Communication Specialist is responsible for internal communications, content development and supporting tactical elements of the IC strategy. The team reports into the office of the Chief Administration Officer in our CA region and partners closely with our Marketing team in SA.
- Lead the delivery of internal (employee-facing) communication deliverables as they relate to wider business strategies and corporate strategic objectives; ensure key messaging is aligned across all channels.
- Creating internal communication plans, gaining the support of stakeholders, and executing against the plan. Guide the direction of key messages through effective consultation and input.
- Establish strong working relationships with internal and external partners to lead the development of effective communication materials and vehicles to ensure a consistent employee experience.
- Act as lead subject matter expert in projects related to employee communication by maintaining close working relationships with key business partners to create understanding and influence business strategies, priorities, and direction.
- Support the development of positive and engaging communications to promote corporate initiatives
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop content for a variety of different written materials for internal platforms and assist in the execution of communications and campaigns;
- Establish a cadence for communications and practice around internal communications to ensure corporate wide programs are effectively communicated to all levels of the organization;
- Build and drive content, including sourcing, writing, and editing information for internal use;
- Use a creative approach for communication initiatives to encourage greater employee engagement;
- Create and design compelling internal materials such as print outs, presentations and newsletters;
- Participate in small to large sized projects and initiatives while balancing support to other projects
- Other job duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Diploma in Public Relations, Communications, English or equivalent work experience
- Outstanding communication skills, including superior grammar
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Technically savvy with a curiosity surrounding learning new technology
- Strong research skills with an ability to quickly master complex details
- Experienced in minimalism and plain language best practices
- Experience in current, industry-standard content authoring tools and content management systems
- Highly organized with an ability to prioritize concurrent projects and manage conflicting priorities
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills
- Experience developing communication strategies would be an asset
- Proven ability in managing multiple-source projects that require attention to accuracy, consistency, and the ability to work with many different people with competing priorities
- Familiarity with social media (video creation)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, and CRM databases
- Knowledge of graphic design and Adobe suite products
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.