The Network Engineer is a dynamic, business-minded and analytical individual with strong technical and communication skills with proficiency in English (written and oral). The individual will be responsible for collaborating with a diverse team of IT and business partners in analyzing, designing, installing, configuring and maintaining Millennium 1 Solutions’ voice and data network infrastructure and various application components (VPN, DNS, Hosted Exchange/Email, Network Devices, Security Devices, etc), as well as ensuring that Security and Compliance directives are strictly adhered to in the network realm.
The Network Engineer performs a wide variety of functions including monitoring, designing, evaluating, testing, installing, configuring and maintenance network gear ensuring that network performance meets or exceeds company and user expectations. This individual is also required to provide direction, information and recommendations regarding network design, configurations, installations and upgrades including new ideas on how to further optimize the environment with cost-effective solutions
The Network Engineer will be required to participate in the on-call rotation schedule to cover technical support outside of core business hours, and is expected to work overtime above normal working hours to meet business requirements.
- Advanced knowledge with Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches including VLANs, voice traffic optimization, and L3 static and dynamic routing
- Advanced knowledge with Cisco ASA Firewalls including site-to-site VPN, ACLs, and NAT
- Experience with Cisco Meraki MR Series wireless access points and MS Series Switches
- Experience with F5 BIG-IP LTM including network load balancing, access policies and client VPN
- Experience with EIGRP and BGP routing protocols
- Experience working with Internet and MPLS service providers
- Familiar with the Microsoft technology stack
- Familiar with PCI DSS compliance
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Corporate internet Services (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Configure and support Cisco Firewalls, Enterprise Switches, Wireless Access Points, and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking and Wide Area Networking
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, and access control
- Configure and install client and server network software to upgrade and maintain network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintain multi-site network operations via MPLS and perform regular maintenance on both private and public facilities
- Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Respond to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware/software to resolve operational issues and restore services with adherence to SLAs within a 7x24x365 operational environment
- Complete time logs to ensure accurate and timely billing of customers
- Create and modify/update documentation and blueprints / technical schema for network environment on a regular basis
- Follow established change management process
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Coordinate with multiple internal and external stakeholders (including but not limited to Facilities, Other IT Teams, IT Security, Compliance, Business Continuity and other Business and Vendor Primes) in order to accomplish business objectives in a timely manner