Junior Instructional Designer
What’s in It for You?
- Work-From-Home from Day 1, we supply the equipment needed. Training conducted virtually
- Premium benefits package, medical, dental available
- RRSP, Short and Long Term Disability options available
- Paid vacation, training & career progression
- Performance bonuses
- Substantial Referral Bonus Available
If you are looking to jump-start your career and join a leading company, then Millennium1 Solutions is the place to be!
Responsible for providing instructional design expertise as part of the Learning and Development team within their respective business line.
This role performs task analysis, develops new training materials and/or enhances existing training materials, and provides facilitation (where needed) to meet business needs.
The role partners with business stakeholders, project management teams, and subject matter experts to ensure a comprehensive training solution is achieved and project timelines are met.
- Participate in multiple internal learning projects varying in size and complexity
- Consult with clients, subject matter experts and internal client partners to understand learning needs and define success measures.
- Asses, evaluate and propose solutions plans to improve current training programs
- Designs and develops end to end learning solutions in alignment with identified needs and including the preparation of all learning materials such as participant and facilitator workbooks, presentations, reference guides, job aids etc.
- Liaise with Training Design Manager throughout the design and development process for content validation
- Facilitate/Lead Train-the-Trainer sessions for various client programs
- Assist with reviewing and evaluating effectiveness of learning service providers, vendors and consultants providing insights and recommendations as appropriate.
- Participates in post implementation reviews with the objective of continually enhancing course content, reinforcing and sustaining learned and desired behaviors.
- Participate in discussions and maintenance of existing training courses and materials in accordance with Millennium Solutions Learning and Development strategy.
- 3+ years demonstrated ability in applying adult learning practices in needs assessments, design, delivery, and evaluative methods.
- Adult education diploma, certificate, or degree with in-depth knowledge of adult learning principles, training methodologies, and best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to engage with cross-functional teams who have varying levels of involvement with the training program, and maintain relationships to build reliable internal SME support for the program and your subject area.
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines, accurately estimating time required for deliverables.
- Able to work on multiple projects at once and demonstrate an ability to work independently and make sound decisions in an environment with multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing interactive eLearning modules including various formats (videos, screen-recorded tutorials, podcasts), etc.
- Development of scripts or storyboards for digital assets, including video, eLearning, articles, job aids, employee guides, or manager guides.
- Able to follow a style guide and standards to create training content for both technical and non-technical users. Develop standards where there are none to continue paving the way for future teammates.
- Provides ongoing support with maintenance reviews of existing learning programs, ensuring high priority change requests and other Trainer feedback are included in the reviews.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Captivate, Office 365 Office, MS Teams, Adobe Acrobat, Webex Training Centre, Audacity
- Experience facilitating through WebEx preferred.
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.