Payroll & Benefit Administrator
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Payroll & Benefits this position is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly payrolls including the maintenance of the payroll system.
- Process and input bi-weekly payrolls for salaried and hourly employees, including taxable benefits, annual bonus payments and other special payments as required in accordance with established company practices and procedures.
- Process other full cycle payroll activities and benefits administration (such as coding and processing information on hires, transfers, leaves, terminations, and wage adjustments).
- Process benefit enrolments and relevant deductions
- Ensure all enrolment information is updated with respect to employee terminations, changes in salary or status.
- Knowledge of payroll-related tax information & remittances (payroll source deductions, EHT etc.).
- Communication with employees and management
- Monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reporting
- Work with Payroll Manager on system upgrades, testing, automation of manual processes as well as continuous improvements and efficiencies
- Performs other duties as required
- In depth knowledge of ADP’s WorkforceNow (WFN) system preferred.
- PCP (Payroll Compliance Practitioner) designation an asset
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience in full cycle payroll (salary & hourly) working with large payrolls of 2,000+ employees
- 1-2 years experience in benefit administration
- Experience processing multi province payroll (including Nova Scotia and Quebec).
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of employment standards
- Knowledge of related government legislation
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Process oriented and analytical
- Superb communication skills, both written and oral
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, displays a positive attitude and is professional.
- Ability to problem solve and to work independently, under pressure and with deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision, with proven skills in organization and time management.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact and sound professional judgment when responding to matters concerning highly sensitive and confidential personal information.
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.