IT Change Manager
If you are looking to jump-start your career and join a leading company, then Millennium1 Solutions is the place to be!
We are looking for an experienced, talented, innovative, and creative person to join our IT team as the Change Manager. You will be a key team member, collaborating across the various IT Teams, using ITIL best practices to ensure service delivery and integrity through the change management process. The Change Manager is also responsible for problem management, patch management and system support.
Reporting to the Sr IT Operations Manager, you will lead the change management process and a team of dedicated IT staff.
- Run formal CAB meetings to assess, prioritize, authorize, and schedule changes as part of the change control process.
- Review changes prior to the meeting. Assess and recommend the approval or rejection of proposed changes in a timely manner.
- Responsible for final review; approval and authorizing a change. You will have the authority to re-assess the risk or impact level and can request additional information before approving a change or can reject it if needed.
- Evaluate change requests for completion and accuracy, validate that thorough testing plans are included, and identify potential risk to IT environment stability and uptime.
- Provide actionable feedback on how to reduce the impact of changes
- Coordinate change management activities across IT departments to oversee the impacts and interdependencies between changes to ensure initiatives meet IT strategic goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and moderate Change Advisory Board meetings both online and in-person
- Provide timely and clear written and verbal Change Management training to employees at all levels.
- Help drive standard processes, training, and responsiveness for Change Management initiatives.
- Create and recommend reporting best practices for key performance indications.
- Delivery of change compliance evidence for audits.
- Oversees the problem manager who is responsible for
- Managing the daily operations and effectiveness of the Problem Management lifecycle.
- Hosting both technical and managerial conference calls to facilitate effective problem management.
- Accountable for gathering required information from business and technology to enable effective Root Cause Analysis.
- Minimize and mitigate business-impacting incidents through controlled problem identification and responsive / proactive service improvement plans.
- identifying the underlying root cause and the triggers of a Problem and initiate the most appropriate and economical Problem solution or temporary workaround.
- Ensure that - after a successful Problem solution - the Problem Record contains a full historical description, and that related Known Error Records are updated
- Undertake a review of the resolution of a Problem to prevent reoccurrence and learn any lessons for the future.
- Oversees the patch manager who is responsible for
- Perform Patch management tasks including maintaining current knowledge of available patches, deciding appropriate patches for systems, network and network like infrastructure, ensuring patches are installed suitably, testing systems after installation, and documenting all associated procedures.
- Deliver modernized servicing plans that ensure endpoints are kept current on OS (Linux and Microsoft), Driver, Patch, and Firmware.
- Design, plan, and implement using patch automation tools.
- Deploy applications and software updates.
- Manage upgrades and monitor general health while providing expertise guidance on improvements.
- Delivery of patch compliance evidence for audits.
- Leading a team of technical professionals including Jr Infrastructure Administrators, Telcom and network resources.
- Responsible for leading internal IT Projects
- Other duties as required
- 3+ years in change management roles/projects.
- Hands on involvement in delivering or producing Change Management artefacts and activities
- Experience working with technical teams
- Documentation and communication experience
- Organized, structured, able to plan and manage own workload and priorities
- Excellent people skills
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, enabling cross-business teams
- Ability work in fast pace environment while following best practice and company processes
- Self-motivated, proactive, and driven team-player attitude