Human Resources Generalist
The HR Generalist is a key point of contact for the Toronto region. The HR Generalist plays a critical role in supporting the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office and will act as a partner to employees and management. They will collaborate with leaders, key managers, and all areas of the HR team to drive HR strategies. This role is responsible for advising managers and employees on strategic and tactical HR issues and ensuring that the regions unique needs are reflected in the delivery of HR processes, tools, and services.
- Acts as an internal consultant by establishing trust and credibility with leaders. Acts as sounding board on organizational and people issues. Maintains a thorough understanding of the regional goals, direction, business plans and overall culture.
- Maintains site employee records, processes site payroll forms within the HRIS and ensures accuracy of information.
- Tracks and files all employee related documents i.e., Performance Warnings, Reviews, Policy Signoffs, etc.
- Assists with the management of the Short-Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Accommodation and Benefits programs.
- Provides intake and assessment advice to the HR Manager regarding employee issues and their impact on performance. Determines root causes of issues and recommends appropriate plans for resolution.
- Ensures that leadership team are participating in performance management program. Provides coaching to managers on the process of addressing performance related employment issues and preparation of development plans.
- Supports the HR Manager to conduct local employee relations investigations by researching, collecting, and comparing data. Provides recommendations based on findings.
- Supports change management within the region
- Assists in facilitating corporate on-boarding training program within the region.
- Interprets and implements HR policies and procedures for managers and employees. Proactively evaluates and presents suggestions for new HR programs, policies, or procedures. Continually aware of current HR ‘best practices.
- Develops internal HR communication material specific to Human Resources policies and procedures or other internal business needs.
- Supports the HR Manager to prepare employee separation documents and conduct employee separation meetings as required.
- Provides general Administrative Support such as preparation of general letters i.e., employment verification, transfer/promotion and leave letters.
- Runs and creates ad hoc reports as required.
- Provides assistance and/or leads HR project work as assigned.
- Performs other HR administrative tasks as required.
- Formal Human Resources education at the post-secondary level required.
- Minimum 3 years HR experience, 1 year at a generalist level considered an asset.
- CHRP designation considered an asset.
- Exceptional problem solver with ability to think on their feet.
- Ability to execute quality in a very fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Team player with a demonstrated ability to multi-task, take action and meet multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive/difficult situations with understanding and tact.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information at all times.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly motivated, outgoing, professional, and caring individual.
- Prior HR Call Center experience considered an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of current employment legislation.
- Must be in the Toronto region and will to come on site when required.
- Occasional travel may be required.