Bilingual Credit Analyst
Provide assistance in the area of credit card application adjudication as well as on- going maintenance of credit requests on all active accounts. Responsible for the review and assessment of credit risk on small to medium sized consumer accounts. Assess and mitigate fraud risk on new credit card applications. Support both inbound and outbound calls with a focus on providing excellent service and sound credit decisions.
- Maintaining/exceeding established standards and targets and adhering to all credit policies, procedures and guidelines
- Administering and controlling credit terms and limits
- Assessing credit worthiness of prospective customers
- Approving and/or recommending appropriate credit terms and credit limits based on customer requests and credit worthiness
- Initial fraud review of applications and taking appropriate verification requirements
- Converse effectively with credit card applicants and cardholders
- Provide all customer service functions for active accounts including discussing complex promotional terms and account conditions
- Excellent communication skills in English and French (listening/verbal/written) with emphasis on active listening, probing and negotiation skills – interpersonal skills are essential.
- 2-3 years credit, lending or collection experience required
- 2-3 years credit card or fraud experience an asset
- 2-3 year customer service experience required
- Excellent telephone communication skills with emphasis on customer service
- Good listening and negotiation skills
- Credit and Fraud situations also require problem solving, some analytical skills, and general knowledge of the business environment to assist with fraud detection
- Ability to communicate tactfully to various levels of business management in a professional manner.
- Ability to interpret and effectively utilize credit bureau reports
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Prioritization skills required to manage a heavy workload
- Excellent written communication skills and able to “talk & type”
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Flexible, reliable, conscientious and able to follow directions
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook are an asset
Millennium1 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.