Sr. Customer Service Representative
The Sr. Agent role represents the management team and helps provide team direction, guidance and support. The role requires flexibility to move between production work and support activities.
- Floor Support – assisting team, answering questions and providing support for challenging calls or reviews. Real time service level management, workflow assignments, live call listening and coaching.
- Escalations – handling escalation calls, client escalations and Credit escalation reviews
- Production work including (often with higher levels of authority):
Maintaining/exceeding established standards and targets and adhering to all credit policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Administering and controlling credit terms and limits.
- Perform all credit limit reviews, reinstatements and account maintenance
- Assessing credit worthiness of prospective customers and approving /recommending and negotiating credit terms and limits appropriate to the customer’s requirements and ability.
- Initial fraud review of applications and taking appropriate action
- Converse directly with the card holder or applicant
- Inbound and Outbound customer service
- Offline work as required
- Additional duties as described by Management
- 2-3 years’ experience in the credit card or financial services industry
- Experience in fraud monitoring, fraud detection, or investigations an asset
- 1-2 years Lending experience in the Credit Card or related industry an asset
- Previous leadership experience an asset.
- Experience with credit industry decisioning: applications, Credit Scores, Employment Verification.
- Call Centre experience an asset.
- Fluent in the English language, French an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Analytical, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Flexible, reliable, conscientious and able to follow directions.
- Good listening and negotiation skills.
- Results oriented, highly motivated with ability to work independently and as a team in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong understanding of departmental work flow.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook are an asset.