Forecasting and Capacity Planning Analyst
The Forecasting and Capacity Planning Analyst is responsible for developing strategic long (3yrs) & short-range (3 months – 6 weeks of live date) workforce plans. They will also liaise with Contact Centre Operations, External Clients, Project Management, Sales, Finance, Intraday Performance, and Scheduling to increase accuracy of FTE and seating requirements for Millennium 1 Solutions Contact Centers.
Additionally, this role requires scenario based modeling to assist M1S Directors and Executive management with proactive strategic plans and decisions. The analyst must design and maintain simulation models that effectively reflect current business assumptions while ensuring flexibility to change key input variables. (Such as call volume, AHT, load factors, service level, etc.)
- Perform statistical analysis and identify call arrival patterns such as growth, trends and seasonality and ensure integrity of the data by normalizing the historical data to build a stronger base for long term forecasting.
- Collect information related to call center specific workforce such as available FTE, operational loading factors, and training requirements (staffing ratios, seat availability, hiring profiles).
- Develop partnerships with contact centers stakeholders and various clients to validate monthly call volume forecast assumptions based on historical data and key business drivers. Additional modeling will be required to distribute the call volume forecast by day of month.
- Determine FTE requirements for customer service representatives given monthly call volume forecast (using simulation tools eg. Erlang C, Verint / Impact 360, etc.) for each area of activity in the call center.
- Conduct staffing requirement evaluations and develop detailed resourcing plans reflecting required hiring activities to meet key business objectives.
- Ensure accuracy of forecast by monitoring the performance of the capacity plan on all key drivers quantifying their impacts on service level each month: call volume forecast, average handling time, load factors, attrition, signed on hours vs target, etc.
- Communicate monthly results to clients and contact center management team on a monthly basis – BOR (Business Review)
- Provide business partners with potential solutions to typical challenges encountered in a call center environment: seating, call routing, workforce scheduling, results reporting.
- Strong knowledge of contact center strategic planning operations: scheduling, vacation administration, forecasting methodologies, simulation, and performance reporting & systems i.e. Cisco.
- Very strong analytical/mathematical and computer background: extensive knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint (as well as other Microsoft products commonly used).
- Strong organizational and administrative skills will be an asset. Capable of setting and meeting realistic time frames and completing assignments and achieving results.
- Strong communication skills required (both verbal and written) as the analyst will facilitate client calls and provide post meeting minutes.
- Creative approach to challenges encountered in development of capacity plans.
- Comfortable in a fast paced production environment.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Work Force Management experience
- Meticulous attention to detail and problem solving skills with the ability to work well under pressure are imperative.