Associate Director/Director, Investor Relations
What’s in it for you?
The Associate Director Investor Relations will play a critical role in supporting and executing the company's mission and strategic goals by effectively delivering product, program, financial and corporate messages to key analyst and investor targets. This role will support the Executive Director of Investor Relations & Corporate Communications in developing the overall investor relations strategy and play an important role in its execution. This role will have significant exposure to senior leadership and important external constituents such as investors, analysts, and partners.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
You will have strong demonstrated experience in the following areas:
Participating in Strategic Planning
- Work with the Executive Director of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications and the Company’s Executive Team to develop and execute an IR communications program which aligns with company goals and strategy and enhances the perception and visibility of Mersana Therapeutics.
- Work with Executive Director of IR & Corporate Communications and external IR agency in implementing a streamlined Environmental, Social and Governance strategy and aid in gathering of ESG data for investor focused ESG planning.
- Driving Execution and Analysis
- Provide day-to-day management of investor interactions and events (corporate calendar, non-deal roadshows, conference management, briefing materials, corporate presentations, etc.).
- Maintain investor relations calendar of earnings dates, investor conferences, non-deal roadshows, medical meetings, etc., with an eye to avoiding critical bottlenecks and conflicts.
- Handle all logistics and provide support for earnings calls, investor conferences, non-deal roadshows, and other events including registration, securing webcasts, meeting scheduling, etc.
- Aid in the preparation of investor presentations, draft press releases, conference call scripts, and Q&A documents related to corporate and program milestones, quarterly financial results, annual report, and other disclosures.
- Compile analyst reports and analyze to deliver real time insights into analyst sentiment, competitor activity, and message retention and to ensure that sell-side expectations are aligned with internal projections. Work with Executive Team and IR agency to develop and refresh investor targeting analyses and prioritize engagement with potential new equity research analysts.
- Manage external agencies and vendors.
- Provide accurate and timely issuance of press releases over business wires.
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate social media posts on Mersana accounts.
- Manage corporate website and work closely with cross-functional leaders to stay current on company progress and ensure accurate and up to date material are continually posted and refreshed.
The other stuff
You’ll possess a BA/BS in life science, business, communications, or economics, advanced degree or MBA preferred with at least 5 years of investor relations experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry, life science investment banking, equity research, investing, consulting, or at an IR agency in the biotech industry. Additionally, you’ll will have the following experience.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of capital markets and SEC disclosure requirements, and a proven track record of interfacing with the investment community on both the buy- and sell-sides.
- Skilled in communicating complex information to a variety of audiences; demonstrated ability to break down complex ideas and concepts in the bio / pharmaceutical and / or healthcare industry in easy-to-understand ways. Superior written, presentation, creative and meeting facilitation skills. Expert in Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience managing agency and vendor relationships.
- Experience at expertly managing sensitive situations, crisis communications and issues impacting reputation.
- Excellent business judgment when making decisions; always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business; excellent budget management and organization skills essential.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully influence without authority and effectively work across functions and personalities.
- Excellent project management abilities, follow-through, attention to detail and high sense of urgency.
- Flexible and able to successfully navigate ambiguity and succeed in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple priorities.
- Ability to work well under pressure and enjoys a fast-paced, often unpredictable environment.
Position is eligible for bonus, option awards and benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) participation, vacation and paid holidays.
Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mersana Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.