Senior Manager/Associate Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
What’s in it for you?
The Senior Manager/Associated Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) will report to the Senior Director of FP&A and will serve as the finance business partner to the R&D organization. To be successful in this role, you will have deep clinical development experience, including a thorough understanding of how clinical studies are conducted, key cost drivers of a study, and extensive study budget modeling experience. Additionally, exposure to a CMC and Research/Discovery will be beneficial in providing support across all the areas in R&D.
This role will be the first hire in the buildout of the FP&A function, serving a critical area of the business as we expand our clinical portfolio, enter into registrational studies, and prepare to submit INDs for several pipeline programs. In this role you will get exposure to the C-suite, with three of the executive team members being supported by this individual, including their direct reports and teams. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proficiency in building relationships at all levels of the organization and understand how to tailor information and presentations to their target audience. Additionally, this individual will support business partners in enhancing visibility, ownership, and accountability of their budgets. A successful candidate will navigate seamlessly through a variety of tasks (both strategic and operational) and effectively manage changing priorities in a fast-paced, nimble organization. While this role will initially support the R&D organization, as Mersana grows and looks to transition to a commercial organization, opportunities within FP&A to support other areas of the business may present themselves.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
- Your experience will enable you to perform the following tasks in a detailed and dead-line oriented manner:
- Responsible for supporting and serving as the strategic and operational business partner for the R&D organization (Research, CMC, Development) with near term focus on Clinical Development,
- Build strong collaborative relationships and drive budget accountability and financial discipline with business partners,
- Develop, plan, and coordinate budgets and forecasts and provide regular actual to budget/forecast reporting and variance analyses to R&D business partners to enable decision making and alignment to achieving company objectives,
- Provide business support to the clinical teams to help create transparency around key parameters in critical business areas including enrollment rates, clinical accruals, cost per patient, etc.
- Maintain clinical study budget models through coordination with Clinical Operations and by leveraging and ensuring internal alignment with 3rd party data,
- Collaboratively work with accounting group to ensure proper expense recognition and overall compliance with internal controls (direct support of quarterly audits)
- Support broader organization through ad hoc projects and analysis.
- Provide insightful analytics to highlight risks and opportunities.
- Support the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
The other stuff
This is typically a role best suited for individuals with a BS in Finance or Accounting who possess at least 7 years’ experience in the biopharmaceutical industry in a financial planning & analysis role. You should also have the following experience/knowledge:
- Ability to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment
- Impeccable communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Sophisticated user of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with financial planning tools Oracle and PBCS
- Excellent interpersonal/communication/customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize work to meet deadlines
- High level of integrity and trustworthy
Position is eligible for bonus, option awards and benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) participation, vacation, and paid holidays.
Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mersana Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.