Scientist/Senior Scientist – Discovery Chemistry
Mersana Therapeutics has an exciting new opportunity to join our growing organization as a Scientist or Senior Scientist in the Discovery Chemistry group. S/he will be pushing the limits on what can be done with ADCs, building on key advancements exemplified with the Immunosynthen platform. We aim to look beyond traditional cytotoxins and identify other drugs which would benefit with a targeted delivery strategy. Take the next step and be at the forefront of the exciting world of ADCs!
- Design, synthesis, purification, and characterization of target compounds.
- Accurate and thorough record keeping, contribute to patent applications and publications.
- Effectively communicate plans and progress to both internal and external scientific audiences.
- Contribute to chemistry strategy aligned with project objectives.
- Develop SAR through data analysis and analog design.
- Demonstrate strong learning ability by mastering new or unfamiliar areas of science.
- Act as a team player, demonstrate flexibility and commitment to achieve project and company goals.
How do you know if you are the right fit?
- Ph.D./Postdoc in synthetic organic chemistry (0-5 years industry experience) with a strong record of accomplishment.
- Knowledge and understanding of safe operating practices in the laboratory.
- Proficient in experimental design and use of laboratory equipment. Familiar with modern analytical techniques for characterizing compounds.
- Experience in synthetic route design.
- Highly organized with excellent record keeping and data management skills.
- Ability to influence workflows and outcomes based on past industrial/academic experiences.
- The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, an ability to collaborate across disciplines, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proactively shares expertise and ideas, demonstrates flexibility and open-mindedness.
- Works in an open, collaborative manner, showing respect for colleagues and their ideas.
- Able to effectively work in a team and to communicate with colleagues at all levels. Is candid and honest in discussions.
- Is reliable, showing commitment to team goals and timelines.
- Has a positive attitude, maintains consistent work level and motivation despite negative results.
- Readily acquires new skills and techniques.
- Experience with championing a project or initiative is desirable, but not required.
- Experience managing outsourced chemistry projects is desirable, but not required.
Position is eligible for bonus, option awards and benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) participation, vacation, and paid holidays.
Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mersana Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.