Director/Senior Director, Supply Chain Operations & Forecasting
What’s in it for you?
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Director of Supply Chain Operations within the CMC organization at Mersana. The successful candidate will have end-to-end experience in managing supply chain operations involving raw materials, intermediates, drug substance, and drug product supplies in a global setting. The position will also be responsible for managing the packaging, labeling, and distribution of finished goods. In addition, the Supply Chain Lead is responsible for preparing forecasts and establishing optimal distribution center strategies. This person will develop inventory and safety stock strategies as the clinical plan evolves throughout development across programs.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
As an Director/Senior Director, Supply Chain Operations & Forecasting, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for end-to-end product supply, demand, and inventory planning based on CMC and clinical development plans.
- Responsible for management of packaging, labelling, and distribution of finished drug product to depots and clinical sites. Establishes distribution strategies that minimize waste and overage.
- Works with manufacturing departments to develop inventory strategies and to help schedule manufacturing runs to support these strategies.
- Works with internal stakeholders to establish and ensure that regulatory, clinical, quality, and CMC plans and interdependencies are thoughtfully laid out to ensure a unified approach for assurance of supply chain activities.
- Maintains and ensures compliance to all SOPs. Identifies gaps and makes appropriate mitigation recommendations to ensure global compliance. Develops new functional SOPs as needed.
The other stuff
This role is best suited for a someone with a B.S. in pharmaceutics, chemistry, biology, material science, chemical engineer or related disciplines with 10 years of hands-on experience managing clinical supply chain operations.
Candidates should also have:
- A solid foundation in global supply chain operations with strong technical expertise on all supply chain systems and tools. The initial focus of the job is on clinical supply chain operations; however, experience with commercial supply operations is a plus.
- Excellent project management, organizational and communication skills as well as experience working with CMO/CRO’s and project teams.
- The ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment.
- Demonstrated ability for analytical and systematic thinking .
- Supply Chain or Inventory Management certifications preferred.
- Familiarity with cold chain supply.
- Excellent working knowledge of GxP compliance as well as USP, EP, ICH and FDA guidelines.
Position is eligible for bonus, option awards and benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) participation, vacation, and paid holidays.
Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mersana Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer