Brooklyn Pointe is currently hiring a Cook to join our team!
Ask about our sign on bonus!
Cook Job Description
As a Chef/Cook, you will work closely with our Dining Services Manager and will be responsible for the Community’s food ordering, preparation, and delivery as well as kitchen sanitation. Chef/Cook tasks in this role include ensuring food is prepared in a nutritional and appetizing fashion, maintaining supplies and equipment, and providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
Cook Qualifications :
- High school diploma or equivalent and successfully complete training as required by State regulations.
- Six (6) months’ prior experience in a food service department preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Supervisory experience desirable.
- Obtain Food Handlers Permit as required by State regulations
- Previous experience working with the elderly
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
- Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public
- Must practice and promote Meridian Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles
- Must meet all health requirements and pass background checks.
Meridian Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer