Occupational Therapist - PRN
Hillhaven is currently hiring a OT to join our Rehab Team!
Renders supportive care to promote comfort, mobility and independence of residents. Assists to provide a clean and sanitary physical, social and psychological environment, which will be conductive to the best interest and welfare of the residents. Reports any unusual situations or care needs to the Charge Nurse, Director of Nursing or Director of Rehabilitation Services (Rehab).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be a licensed therapist in the State of Maryland: BS in Occupational Therapy. New graduates must have an MS in OT..
- Works in well-lighted, well-ventilated setting, including resident rooms. Must be able to move or lift 150-200 lbs. with assistance. Must be able to push, carry, or move equipment and residents, crawl, reach high and low areas, have use of hands and fingers, sit, walk or stand for periods of intermittent long duration.
- Must possess sight, hearing, tactile stimulation and smell or use a prosthetic device which enables those senses to function adequately so that requirements of this position can be met.
- Ability to read, write and understand written and verbal instructions at a level normally attained upon completion of a high school education or equivalent.
- Ability to learn job and perform at a satisfactory level within ninety (90) days.
- Must be able to communicate changes in condition.
- Must be able to report tasks completed or uncompleted to oncoming staff.
- Employee may be subject to burns from equipment, falls, bruises, scratches, etc. from residents and may be exposed to infections and bloodborne pathogens, odors, and hazardous chemicals.
- Evidence of freedom from communicable disease to be available on employment, and annually thereafter.
Meridian Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer