Gift Processing Coordinator
GIFT PROCESSING COORDINATOR
*The starting salary for this role is $19-21/hr, depending on experience.
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we know our teams do their best work when they are diverse and every team member feels that they belong. We welcome diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be stronger and have long term impact.
Program / Department Summary
The Resource Development (RD) Department advances Mercy Corps’ mission by delivering a stream of flexible and strategic dollars and building brand value and strength. The Development Operations Team supports all teams within RD by providing the infrastructure, processes, procedures and systems that allow them to be the most productive and efficient.
The RD team includes several dozen dynamic professionals who possess a wide range of skills. We are database managers, web developers, digital marketers and public relations experts. We are writers, designers, photographers and teachers. We are fundraisers with expertise in direct response, online, community, major gift and corporate giving. We are specialists in fundraising analysis, stewardship, prospecting and customer service. Most of all, we are powered by the belief that a better world is possible and dedicated to empowering people to overcome hardship, build better lives and transform their communities for good.
Within RD, the Development Operations team provides critical support to fundraisers through gift processing, data management and analysis, and responding to donor inquiries. We process, record and acknowledge each private donation made to Mercy Corps while providing valuable data to other RD teams.
General Position Summary
The Gift Processing Coordinator coordinates the processing of daily gifts into Mercy Corps’ donor database, ensuring that all data entry is done in a timely and accurate fashion. They manage and update constituent data to Mercy Corps standards. The Gift Processing Coordinator backs up and cross trains with the Major and Special Gifts Coordinator, providing expedited problem solving and handling of complex gift and data entry cases.
Essential Job Responsibilities
● Manages, validates and manipulates data for import and entry across various software and data sources; creates import and export files, ensuring accuracy on a large scale in the donor database.
● Effectively finds solutions to database problems that relate to gift and/or constituent records; provides expedited problem solving for complex gift and data entry questions from other team members.
● Maintains a working knowledge of all Development Operations data systems, including The Raiser’s Edge donor database, Blackbaud Merchant Services, ActionKit online subscription management system, Braintree payment processing system, and others as necessary.
● Serves as point person for monthly giving data and requirements for all monthly giving gift processing and records standards. Processes new monthly giving signups through the website, direct mail and telemarketing campaigns. Validates and imports monthly gifts on a regular schedule.
● Creates and maintains documentation related to policies and procedures necessary to fulfill the position.
● Receives and processes payment card data in a PCI compliant manner; maintains familiarity with PCI requirements to support Development Operations processes.
● Maintains donor confidence and protects Mercy Corps’ interests by keeping information confidential.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned.
Reports Directly To: Gift Processing Manager
Works Directly With: Development Operations and Resource Development Teams
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
● Experience with Raiser’s Edge database or other donor database
● Solid Microsoft Office Suite skills, including high comfort level in Excel
● High detail orientation, especially with spreadsheets and reports
● Strong data entry experience with superior accuracy and speed
● Demonstrated ability to follow precise multi-step procedures, prioritize multiple complex tasks, and meet deadlines
● Effective verbal and written communication, relationship building, teamwork, flexibility and grace under pressure
● Previous experience in non-profits is preferred
● A college degree is preferred
A successful candidate will be a versatile multi-tasker with the proven ability to organize and prioritize many urgent tasks, follow procedures, and meet deadlines. They will be committed to getting it right every time, creating procedures and documentation to replicate success with complex processes repeatedly. They will be interested in fundraising. They will have a demonstrated ability to communicate ideas, concerns and solutions with the Gift Processing Manager and other team members of varied work styles. They will be able to work independently, and have demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving. A proven ability to learn quickly, take initiative and be accountable for results are important as well as an ability to understand the larger picture while remaining focused on the details, an even temperament, a good sense of humor and an awareness of and sensitivity to multi-cultural international development work.
The position is based in Portland, OR, United States.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.