e-Learning Developer / Administrator
Full-time / Exempt / Portland, Oregon / United States
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization required
Starting salary, based on experience, is $50-65K
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter with a link to a portfolio of your work, along with brief application information.
MERCY CORPS is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
The People and Strategy Team ensures that Mercy Corps has the people, strategies and learning that will enable it to be a world-class, cutting edge, humanitarian organization, creating transformational change in the world. We do this through the recruitment, retention and development of the best global talent. Our aim is to drive strategic thinking and planning at all levels of the organization; create a robust body of research to guide us internally and externally and steward the organizational culture. To achieve this we align conversations on learning; keep the organization focused on what has the greatest impact; leverage our comparative advantages in the crowded and competitive international relief and development landscape; and assure we are constantly learning from our work and the external environment.
- To support and empower the creation and accessibility of robust learning tools for Mercy Corps team members around the globe.
- To serve as expert thought partner to course authors throughout the process of developing new instructional material.
- To ensure that our Learning Management System remains reliable and usable in service to a culture of learning, personal growth and professional development.
- Designing, developing, and deploying eLearning courses in a timely manner that meet established course standards
- Creating high quality multimedia assets for use in elearning courses (including video, audio, graphics, and animations)
- Providing guidance and support to Mercy Corps Instructor-Lead Training (ILT) instructors and eLearning course authors during design and development, deploying new courses on the LMS
- Managing administration of the Mercy Corps Learning Management System (LMS) including uploading and testing of new courses, maintaining the existing library courses, creating and maintaining necessary LMS documentation, generating regular and ad hoc reports, and providing support to LMS users
- Monitoring the Learning Support ticketing system and providing prompt support to requests
- Providing backup support of the people systems software, HCM, as needed
YOUR SUCCESS FACTORS
You get really excited about the world of potential between learning and technology. You’re a passionate advocate of exceptional user experience and derive great pleasure from building content that is engaging and memorable. You are committed to making a quality learning environment and robust opportunities accessible to team members in diverse cultural contexts, in numerous languages, and across geographies. You are eager to learn, grow and excel at all you do. You embrace the Mercy Corps mission and share our sense of intensity and urgency about the global issues central to our work.
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of experience and/or a Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Digital Media, or a related field
- Knowledge of and experience with current learning and development principles and practices, with particular emphasis on adult learning
- Demonstrated expertise in creating interactive and animated e-learning content, including graphic, video and audio assets
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Suite, Articulate Storyline, and ability to learn and quickly utilize other content creation platforms
- A critical eye for graphic composition and screen layout conducive to maximizing learning and retention of course content
- Successful management of the administration and support of a LMS
- Ability to independently manage multiple short-term and long-term projects and tasks
- Experience with translation of course content is preferred; Proficiency reading and writing in French, Spanish, Russian, Burmese, Swahili or Arabic is a significant plus
Robust Team Member Benefits
- Zero-premium health, dental and vision coverage for team member, spouse and dependents
- 90% subsidized annual TriMet pass
- 403(b) retirement savings account with a 6% employer contribution
(Eligibility requirements may apply)
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Equity & Inclusion
At Mercy Corps, we believe that empowering people and fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where all feel equally respected and valued will help us create a secure, productive and just world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants of all religions, ethnicities, citizenships, educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, ages, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our stakeholders and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.