Data & Reporting Manager - People Systems & Workforce Insights
Location: US, London, Edinburgh, Nairobi, Jordan
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt, Regular
Salary Level: HQ6
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we know our teams do their best work when they are diverse, and every team member feels that they belong. We welcome diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be stronger and have long term impact.
The People Team ensures that Mercy Corps attracts, develops, and retains the best global talent who will enable it to be a world-class, cutting edge, humanitarian organization, creating transformational change in the world. Our aim is to drive strategic thinking and planning at all levels of the organization; create a talent management framework that supports team members achieve their highest potential, drive people practice that promote the organizational culture. To achieve this, we align conversations on developing team members and leaders; enhance team member experience with HR services, keep the organization focused on what has the greatest impact; leverage our comparative advantages in the crowded and competitive international relief and development landscape; and assure we are constantly learning from our work and the external environment.
General Position Summary
The Data & Reporting Manager has the responsibility and accountability for the creation, development and maintenance of the people systems data and reporting strategy and implementation plan.
This is a leadership role that will oversee the prioritization, resourcing, and execution of analysis & reporting requests. The Data & Reporting Manager requires proficiency in Project Management and Business Analysis to drive and develop the reporting function. Providing deeper analysis of our People Data for the organization to make data driven decisions.
The role will also be responsible for managing and developing a team that stays abreast of customer needs, new technology capabilities for analysis, reporting and integrations between our interdependent systems. System integrity, project/change management, system/process improvement, the ability to stabilize operations, and stakeholder management are of the utmost importance to this role
STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Manage and oversee the functional Data & Reporting strategy, through the creation of reporting goals and objectives, prioritization of reporting projects, and identifying areas of growth for the D&R roadmap
- Create and implement an overarching Data Quality strategy for the whole People Systems & Workforce Insights function that both supports and aligns with the individual functional strategies to holistically improve integrity and accuracy of people data within HCM
- Define the technical boundaries of the D&R function and maximize reporting, analysis, and visualization capabilities within those
- Supervisory responsibilities for the Data & Reporting team as well as mentoring and coaching to the PSAT function in analysis of data and reporting needs, and the wider People Team on best practices and understanding of reporting outputs
- Responsible for keeping abreast of emerging industry trends and industry good practice in the following areas: Process improvement, Project/Change Management, Reporting Tools and integrations, Data Analysis and Data Visualization techniques
- Be a thought partner for the creation and recognition of opportunities for integration innovation in partnership with the other system owners across the organization
- Be able to identify potential risks and recognize early signs/symptoms of data integrity concerns and provide risk management and mitigation plans for identified issues
- Oversee the creation and development of integrations, reports, dashboards, and other analytic tools to support ongoing needs of various departmental leadership
DELIVERY AND MANAGEMENT OF DATA PRODUCTS
- Lead, plan and manage engagement of stakeholders to capture data/process/system needs through user stories, process flows, requirement lists, etc.
- Analyze requirements and complex processes and partner with the People Systems and Analytics Team, subject matter experts, and system vendors to develop data, integration, and reporting products
- Manage the configuration, testing, and deployment reporting and business intelligence capabilities based on approved designs in collaboration with partner systems admins, SMEs, and IT
- Provide leadership and autonomously drive project teams towards the completion of functional development including but not limited to interfaces and custom builds
- Author and maintain data dictionary, operating procedures, and user guides.
- Design and monitor engagement, communications, and training efforts
- Engage and support senior leaders on their role in building valuable reporting services. Coach team members at any level in supporting data-driven change efforts across the organization.
- Support system admins and production support process to resolve issues within service level agreements as needed.
- Manage the analysis of reported system and process issues.
- Coordinate resolution of system defects with HCM Core Team, IT and vendors
- Manage triaged reported functional requests.
- Lead the training and support of system admins and end users on newly implemented functional and process improvements.
- Develop a suite of training assets in line with strategic goals in partnership with System Admin & Ops function (guides, manuals, videos, etc.).
PEOPLE DATA ANALYZATION AND REPORTING
- Develop and lead data and analytics strategies on behalf of the People Team
- Author reports/visualizations and provides general data analysis using available BI tools (Cognos, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Manage data conversion and systems integration (extraction, transformation, load, validation).
- Oversee development and maintenance of agency metrics based on People-related data to analyze issues such as, but not limited to, pay/compensation equity, hiring, promotions, voluntary and involuntary turnover, performance, and the health of all office locations.
SYSTEM/DATA SECURITY AND PRIVACY
- Manage compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by IT and operational leadership.
- Implement improvement of people data security, privacy, and retention policies and procedures and Support maintenance and updates
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies
Direct supervision of the Data & Reporting Specialist with potential for team growth
Reports Directly To: Director - People Systems and Workforce Insights
Works Directly With: People Team Leaders, All Country HR Teams, Strategy and Learning, Finance, IT, PSAT Functional Managers
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- BA/BS in Information Systems, Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 5+ years' experience in process analysis and/or systems implementation in an analyst role
- 3+ years’ experience of reporting and information analysis and problem-solving skills gained within a Finance, HR and/or Systems environment
- Demonstrated experience in providing functional leadership and team management within a systems environment
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing functional strategy
- Demonstrated history of strong stakeholder and vendor management
- Demonstrated history of providing excellent customer service
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users, and understanding of cloud-based applications, data governance, and BI required.
- Experience in UKG Pro, Jobvite, Informatica, or Cognos BI preferred.
- Experience with an HR, recruiting, or learning management system is preferred.
- Experience with reporting, pulling reports, adjusting documents and informing as needed.
- English fluency required, proficiency in French, Arabic, or Spanish preferred.
- Ability to follow procedures, complete tasks with high quality outputs, meets deadlines and works cooperatively with team members.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal communication.
- Experience or certification in project management a plus
A successful candidate will be able to lead technical and non-technical stakeholders towards effective data driven decision making. They will be action-oriented, adaptable, results-driven, and comfortable with change. The Data & Reporting Manager will be able to meet deadlines through strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and tasks while having an even temper, a problem-solving attitude, and the ability to maintain positive relationships under difficult or heated circumstances. A successful Data & Reporting Manager can demonstrate a strong ability to lead, develop, and oversee an array of diverse analysis works and reporting projects with the aim of delivering successful business outcomes. They can influence, energize, and motivate others, regardless of position. An authentic passion for the work is important along with a resilient spirit and ability to gracefully deal with adversity and ambiguity, making sense out of chaos. S/he should have the comfort and ability to interact with senior leaders, team members from different backgrounds and countries, Sense of humor is always appreciated.
The position will be supporting global stakeholders and will require work outside of a traditional schedule to accommodate time zone differences. Project workloads may also vary and require increased hours during peak times.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC and have signed on to the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times.
As a safeguarding measure, Mercy Corps screens all potential US-Based employees. Any offers of employment or continued employment are dependent on the successful completion of the screens which include, but are not limited to our Background Check and Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme processes,
Diversity, Equity & InclusionAchieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
Ongoing LearningIn support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development.
Covid-19 Vaccine Policy for US-Based Employees
Mercy Corps has determined that, in an effort to protect the health, safety, and well-being of all Mercy Corps employees working in the United States, all U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, regardless of prior COVID-19 infection status.
This policy will be revised as needed to comply with federal, state, and local requirements, and to respond to changing guidance from public health authorities.
For new employees this requirement goes into effect within 10 business days of employment. Team members that travel are expected to comply with host-country requirements, including vaccinations. Failure to comply may impact your employment. Proof of vaccination or exemption must be provided.