Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market
Location: Studio City, CA
Amazing opportunity to join our fast-growing premium fast-casual chef-inspired restaurant company! The Accounting Manager will be responsible for our accounting team, including Revenue, Receivables, and Accounts Payable. Reporting to the Controller, this position will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day corporate accounting functions including general ledger, journal entries, as well as financial statement reporting. The Accounting Manager will play a critical role in supporting the company's rapid growth by collaborating and working closely with Finance, Development, Operations, Facilities and both in-house and outsourced accounting teams to ensure accurate accounting, tracking and reporting of all revenue, expense and balance sheet items.
- Partner with outsourced accounting provider, including verification, allocation, and preparation of general ledger entries to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Own accounting set up for new restaurants
- Prepare payroll related journal entries, review journal entries for accruals, corrections, and reclassifications
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Controller’s attention
- Prepare/review calculation of monthly store-level bonuses
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues related to restaurant-level financial schedules with Operations (General Manager, Director of Operations, and Chief Operations Officer)
- Analyze and summarize financial information
- Manage internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Work closely with Development, Operations, and Facilities to review spending and ensure proper accounting classification of capital expenditures vs. repair/maintenance expense
- Evaluate contract and lease documents to ensure appropriate accounting, coding, and payments
- Review and/or prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Work with outsourced accounting provider to ensure the accurate and timely payment of all lease payments and reporting (monthly, quarterly, and annually) on all properties, including percentage rent, and the review of all rent expense to ensure consistency with GAAP requirements. Review and approve landlord Common Area Maintenance fee reconciliations
- Manage 2-3 in-house team members
- Continuously train, develop and challenge the accounting team
- Key team member in rollout of new initiatives and systems as we scale the department to meet the demands of our growing company
- Perform other essential duties and various special projects as needed
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required – CPA preferred
- 7+ years progressively responsible experience in accounting, preferable mix of prior experience in public accounting and larger corporate companies
- At least 2 years of experience leading a team, including hiring, managing, and approving their work
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, including advanced proficiency in Excel
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP, accrual basis accounting, and financial reporting
- Experience developing and documenting processes and internal controls
- Track record of developing and implementing process improvements
- Driven personality and desire to grow with the company
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing in order to meet deadlines
- Strong team player and ability to work effectively as a team member in resolving problems
- Experience in restaurant and/or multi-unit retail company a plus
- Competitive salary
- Meal privileges
- Health benefits
- 401k Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Sitting/standing 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
There is no “I” in Mendo
Mendocino Farms is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Mendocino Farms will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.