director of talent acquisition and development
Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market, Inc.
Job Title: Director of Talent Acquisition and Development
Reports To: Vice President of People
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Director of Talent Acquisition and Development will lead the strategic vision for talent management at Mendocino Farms and have oversight of our company talent philosophy, strategies, and practices. With a specific focus on employment branding, talent acquisition, succession planning, and career development. The Director of Talent Acquisition and Development will focus on building scalable programs and processes for our Team Members to support our overall talent objectives and differentiate our brand in the marketplace. The Talent leader will report to the Vice President of People, and will work in close partnership with our Operations, Human Resources, and Training team leaders and other external partners to ensure that our Talent strategy drives business performance by anticipating challenges and proactively developing business-minded programs and solution.
- Lead the Talent Acquisition & Development team
- Partner with leaders in the organization on diversity and inclusion initiatives to develop and deliver a data-driven, team member centric talent strategy
- Serve as subject matter expert on talent strategy and program design to proactively address the needs of the business
- Champion a mindset and a culture of “people-first leadership”
- Validate program and process design requirements with Operations business partners to confirm understanding of needs and changing business priorities when building and/or rolling out new initiatives.
- Partner with cross functional leaders to ensure coordination of efforts and alignment around a shared vision for the end-to-end talent lifecycle experience for all Team Members
- Ensure programs and solutions are designed to drive greater equity in career growth outcomes, greater diversity in hiring, and more inclusive people leadership practices.
- Lead the development of technology strategy related to talent programs and solutions and partner with the Technology team to implement necessary tools.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of Talent Acquisition and Development team members who are responsible for defining strategy, metrics, programs, and policies for People team programs related to Talent Acquisition and Development.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Degree in HR, business, or related field preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 8+ years of talent management experience including at least 3 years supervising direct reports.
- Experience working in a multi-state, multi-unit organization is required
- Prefer prior experience in restaurant, retail, or hospitality sector
- Ability to effectively coach, develop, and lead people, including remote staff
- Conceptually analytical with an inherent metrics-driven approach to developing scalable, sustainable strategies and initiatives
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment while delivering high quality results in a changing environment
- Advanced knowledge and application of employment practices and federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Ability to influence and interact with all levels of management and employees while maintaining collaborative partnerships
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, and resolve complex problems
- The ability to travel up to 25%
- Competitive salary
- Meal privileges
- Health benefits
- 401k Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Sitting / standing 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
There is no “I” in Mendo
Mendocino Farms is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Mendocino Farms will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.