director of restaurant operations - seattle
DIRECTOR OF RESTAURANTS OPERATIONS - SEATTLE
Compensation is DOE
$120,000-150,000 per year
Must live in the Greater Seattle Area (No Relocation)
We were founded with the vision to offer so much more than food, and since 2005, we’ve never let the spark of happiness go out. We sell Happy!
Food is our love language! We connect guests to culinary adventure with our approachably adventurous menu. We use fresh ingredients you can feel good about. We believe that every guest is a friend we haven’t made yet or one we’re welcoming back.
As a DIRECTOR OF RESTAURANT OPERATIONS for Mendocino Farms you will lead a team of restaurant operators focused on operational excellence. You will be responsible for leading, managing and developing our operators in the Seattle area. You’ll be an active member of the Operations Leadership Team and help to shape operations strategy as well as ensure that the company’s strategic initiatives come to light in your market.
The right candidate is a proven leader and operator, familiar with high growth environments, skilled at managing a P&L, is an excellent communicator, sets a high bar for him/herself, and is adept at developing talent. If you are someone who thrives in a critical leadership position and gains personal satisfaction when sharing knowledge and driving operational excellence, then this is a great role for you.
This role will be based in the Seattle area and will require travel throughout the WA Area Mendocino Farms locations that will open in May-July 2023.
- Manage field operations teams to deliver on our mission of Selling Happy
- Maintain company culture and team morale
- Manage day-to-day operations while also working toward long-term business goals
- Monitor and drive flawless execution in our restaurants to ensure all aspects of the business meet established guidelines and standards
- Hire, develop and train the team and provide paths for growth within our company
- Assist with the development of strategic and tactical plans for the market and ensure the completion of each, holding individuals accountable to assigned tasks
- Monitor all aspects of the business using the various methods and reporting tools available (Daily sales reports, score cards, guest insights, labor and food cost tools), and then use the data and personal observations to coach and re-established goals
- Develop and execute plans and initiatives that consistently achieve and beat the company's desired sales and profitability targets
- Champion the operating culture by delivering a high level of system-wide operations execution that exceed guest expectations
- Ensure flawless execution and results of new restaurant openings (pre and post opening)
- Develop and maintain relationships across the company to ensure productive partnerships with various cross functional business partners and disciplines at Base Camp (Corporate Office).
- Deliver consistently on the company's goals and KPI’s
- Lead by example through effective coaching, motivating and reinforcing the company's operating principles and core values
- Demonstrate progress through analysis and forecasting and presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the executive team.
- Ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations as well as company policy
- Maintain a strong industry network and local market knowledge for our brand
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of successful restaurant management/leadership operations experience required
- Previous senior leadership experience leading large restaurant teams in a geographically dispersed operations environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, and experience with using Excel
- Managed high-performance teams and is a strong team player
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary + Bonus
- Meal privileges
- Health benefits
- 401k Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Sitting / standing 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching
There is no “I” in Mendo
Mendocino Farms is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Mendocino Farms will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.