director of off-premise sales
DIRECTOR OF OFF-PREMISE SALES
Los Angeles, CA
As the Director of Off-Premise Sales at Mendocino Farms, you will lead a team focused on building sales, with specific focus on off-premise sales potential. You will be responsible for driving the strategy and vision for how to continue to grow and differentiate our digital ordering channels, pickup, delivery and catering. To support and assist in the execution of the vision and strategies to drive off-premise sales, you will lead and manage a team of in-market sales professionals. As a leader of that team, you will consistently evaluate performance against set sales goals and targets.
The role of the Director of Off-Premise Sales falls under the Operations team vertical and partners with many other cross-functional partners at Basecamp and in Operations.
- Serve as a key thought-leader in the development and execution for delivery business (Marketplace and Mendo Delivery)
- Lead delivery strategy, contract negotiations, and logistics
- Develop and lead a team of high-performing individuals dedicated to driving off-premise sales
- Creates strategic National sales programs
- Sets sales targets and expectations for the team
- Meets/exceeds those annual revenue targets
- Builds and manages a CRM (Client Relationship Management) system and process for catering and large orders
- Provides ongoing people management, coaching and support
- Partner with the Technology & Marketing teams to continue to improve our off-premise sales driving platforms (features & UX)
- Areas of focus include: online ordering, catering online ordering, delivery, group ordering, Curbside and beyond
- Partner with the Culinary Innovation team to build innovative off-premise offerings, menu development, and packaging
- Partner with Sales & Marketing team to stay aligned on the rollout of sales-driving promotions and campaigns throughout the year. Also, partner with their team to help bring your sales strategies & tactics to life.
- Work closely with Operations, Ops Services, Technology, Finance, and Marketing departments on a regular basis. Be a strong collaborator and leader with both peers and reports.
- GBED Master (Get Better Every Day)
- Constantly pursuing the more beneficial path forward, even if it’s hard
- Innovative “mover & shaker” mentality
- Suggests changes to workflows in order to improve efficiencies and productivity
- 6-8 years’ relevant experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Sales and People Management a must
- Experience in delivery contracts and logistics
- Experience in catering or online ordering a plus
- Willingness to travel regularly to visit with Area Sales Managers, Directors of Operations, and Store Teams (roughly bi-monthly)
- Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Planning: Ability to think ahead and plan over a one –to two- year span
- Management: Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- High performance teams and a strong team player
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- Meal privileges
- Health benefits
- 401k Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Sitting / standing 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
There is no “I” in Mendo
Mendocino Farms is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Mendocino Farms will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.