The Commissary for Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market (BIG KITCHEN) in Downtown LA is looking for Food Packers!
Not your average restaurant…
Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market is looking for highly organized, hospitable, and dependable team players to join our Commissary Team as a Food Packer!
Here are some of the things you can expect to learn and do:
- Prepare, measure, and pack ingredients according to specifications.
- Checking quality of product.
- Bagging using the hot sealing machine.
- Conducting daily record reports on quality checks and temperature records.
- Measure, weigh and count products and materials.
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation.
- At least 18 years old.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with food.
- Strong preference for BILINGUAL candidates (Spanish and English).
- Full-time AND Part-time hours available
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Competitive Pay
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Health, Dental & Vision for Team Members who qualify
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Frequent walking and standing for long periods of time
- Ability to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly
- Occasionally access high storage shelving with the use of step ladder
- Push, pull, lift, and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Perform repetitive tasks
- Package food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- The ability to work in an environment around smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity and extreme cold (35F) for long periods of time for shipping duties. Cold gear will be provided.
*Must be 18 years of age or older
**The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list.
There is no “I” in Mendo
Mendocino Farms is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Mendocino Farms will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.