Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market
Location: Studio City, CA
The Construction Manager will be responsible for the project management and delivery oversight of new restaurants and renovation projects for Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market. This role will be located at the Base Camp (corporate) office located in Studio City, California.
- Develop and manage various milestone budgets to meet individual store and portfolio cost objectives.
- Develop and manage schedules to meet individual project and portfolio objectives. Coordinate and track dates and milestones with internal and external parties to ensure timelines are met, and accurate information is reported and communicated promptly and effectively.
- Consolidate, communicate and manage issues and risks affecting projects, propose and act on plans to meet agreed to objectives.
- Source and pre-qualify new General Contractors and vendors to meet the company’s growth objectives in current and future markets.
- Oversee bidding, negotiations, buy-out and agreements with General Contractors, vendors and suppliers for new store, remodel and facilities projects.
- Travel and collaborate with store development to support site selection, due-diligence and real estate approval
- Collaborate with Architects and Permit Expeditors to obtain permits and licenses required to construct and operate stores and facilities.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties on the design and development of new store and remodel projects.
- Manage, review, approve, process and track invoicing of contractors, vendors and suppliers on projects; coordinate and work with internal accounting/finance.
- Coordinate new utilities and services for new stores.
- Travel to construction sites to oversee and manage General Contractor and vendor performance to ensure projects are delivered to the level of quality expected, within the timeline defined and, on the budget, expected.
- Manage vendor and supplier partnerships to support the delivery of individual projects and planned growth.
- Oversee and manage the General Contractor, vendor and consultant close-out processes, including cost reconciliation with accounting/finance, and the hand-off to facilities and facilities service providers
- Oversee, manage and coordinate marketing and in-store messaging installations with internal and external marketing teams.
- Oversee and manage the hand-off of completed stores with store operations.
- Work with internal and external teams to refine standards and processes.
- Track and prepare a database of store cost trends and develop store cost targets for current and new markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role, including managing multiple restaurant projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients.
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills and the ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings.
- Ability to anticipate key issues/opportunities and develop action plans in a timely manner.
- Flexibility with work hours and travel – up to 50% travel (primarily west-coast) may be required depending on project load
- Competitive salary
- Meal privileges
- Health benefits
- 401k Plan
- Bonus Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Sitting / standing 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching
There is no “I” in Mendo
Mendocino Farms is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Mendocino Farms will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
There is no “I” in Mendo
Mendocino Farms is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Mendocino Farms will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.