marketing manager, local sales & new store openings
Marketing Manager, Local Sales & New Store Openings
El Segundo, CA
As the Marketing Manager, Local Sales & New Store Openings at Mendocino Farms, you will report to the Director of Marketing & Engagement and own two key areas of the business: Marketing of New Store Openings, and Sales-Driving at the local store level. You will work closely with both the Brand Marketing vertical and the local Areas Sales Managers to rollout marketing plans that align with store / regional needs and Mendo’s overarching campaign calendar.
New Store Openings
- Own Marketing planning and execution of opening tactics for New Store Openings (NSOs) in partnership with Operations, the NSO team, and Area Sales Managers.
- Own the creation and updating of Monday.com NSO organizational boards
- Create, present, and distribute NSO marketing plan and goals per store with cross-functional leads
- Partner with Area Sales Manager on the execution of local sales & marketing tactics according to NSO marketing plans
- Keep key stakeholders updated on marketing updates and activities on weekly NSO calls
- Partner with Jackson Spalding (agency partner) on PR, influencer and paid media tactics related to NSOs
- Attend NSO openings to oversee soft opening and Grand Opening Day activities
- Continue to fine-tune NSO playbook by store type (urban vs. suburban)
- Partner with the Director of Sales & Marketing to establish sales & marketing plans to support local store revenue-driving
- Conduct ongoing analysis and reviews of sales and trends by store and region; be nimble and quick to react to sales insights and trends
- Attend weekly Sales Building meetings with Catering & Sales Director, Ops, and Ops Services to assess sales trends and collaborate on sales-building strategies
- Partner with the Area Sales Managers on execution of sales & marketing plans at the local level
- Oversee Fundraiser Program in partnership with Area Sales Managers
- Review and provide recommendations for local events and sponsorship opportunities with Areal Sales Managers
- Manage local listings on owned channels (Yext) and partner channels (centers)
- Work in lockstep with Brand Marketing team on sharing out marketing campaigns and promotions with local contacts & Areas Sales Managers according to campaign calendar
- Partake in weekly marketing team meetings providing key NSO Marketing & Local Sales updates
- 4-6 years relevant experience in sales & marketing. Restaurant sales and/or marketing experience a plus.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Strategic thinker and planner
- Collaborative and selfless team player
- Can-do attitude and positive spirit
- Results-driven self-starter
- Creative and innovative mentality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Happy, humble and hardworking
- Ability to travel throughout the year for NSOs
- Competitive salary
- Meal privileges
- Health benefits
- 401k Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Sitting / standing 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching
There is no “I” in Mendo
Mendocino Farms is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Mendocino Farms will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.