DevOps Engineer, Digital Health Platform
Looking for a new challenge? Are you a Software Engineer with a passion for automation and infrastructure?
Our VARA Platform team is looking to add a DevOps engineer to build and manage our increasingly complex production stack. A DevOps engineer is a developer who applies software principles to create and manage cloud-based systems. In cloud architectures, there is no hardware - everything is software, and automation is king. DevOps engineers are at the heart of modern software stacks and are critical to their team's success. We use state of the art cloud-based technologies, practice infrastructure-as-code, and continue to push the envelope of scale, availability, and security.
At Medullan you will:
- Work with a team of smart, driven and globally distributed engineers designing, developing and maintaining enterprise-level applications
- Have the flexibility to propose and implement your own ideas and solutions to challenging problems
- Receive mentoring and guidance from experienced industry veterans
- Own your career growth as far as your abilities, skills, and adaptability will take you while building a unique company that will produce the next generation of global business leaders
- Receive great benefits, including unlimited time off, flexible work schedules, and the ability to work from home
About the VARA Platform:
- VARA enables our customers to develop engaging patient care experiences and apps quickly while providing compliant and secure data hosting for them
- We are a distributed team of passionate engineers and product strategists working together toward a common goal
- Our customers are some of the biggest healthcare companies, our platform users are fellow developers, and our impact is felt by patients, caregivers, and doctors worldwide.
- Architected for strong security, compliance and high availability, our tech stack uses the latest Docker-based technologies for encryption and isolation, backed by AWS best practices and automation
- Our technology stack is based on microservices and includes: AWS, Docker, MongoDB, Node.js, ELK, iOS, Android, HTML5, REST APIs
What we're looking for in a DevOps engineer (Required):
- DevOps expert or a software engineer passionate about uptime/availability, infrastructure, automation, and monitoring
- Strong attention to detail and insatiable curiosity
- Eager to experiment with, learn, and apply new technologies, ideas, and concepts
- Able to multi-task, absorb new technologies, and work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
- Can take initiative and work independently with little supervision, taking ownership of tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (technical writing, diagramming, and presenting solutions are a key aspect of the position)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A strong understanding of Linux, the networking stack and related concepts
- Cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS, GCE, or Azure
- Docker and container-based infrastructure and orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes/Swarm/Rancher)
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet/Salt
- Development languages: Python, Node.js, Bash
Have we described you? Or does this sound like a role for you? Then join the ever expanding Medullan family and grow with us.