Senior Platform Software Engineer, Digital Healthcare Platform and Solutions
Important: When applying, please include a short cover letter or note about why you're the right person for this position, mentioning specific relevant qualifications. Applications without this information will not be processed
For over 15 years, Medullan has assisted healthcare companies with digital transformation. Our work begins with digital strategy and customer research and continues to the development of human centered, commercially viable web, mobile, and multi-channel solutions.
Although we serve clients across the healthcare ecosystem, our work today increasingly focuses on Life Sciences and Pharma, where our consulting and platform businesses partner to build personalized digital solutions for patient support programs, nutrition and chronic disease management, with an increased focus on Software as a Medical Device (SaMD)
At Medullan, you’ll work with smart, fun people from diverse backgrounds to deliver world-class results to some of the largest names in healthcare. You’ll help us build a great company while impacting the lives of people around the world.
VARA is Medullan's Virtual Care and Patient Engagement Platform. It is designed to harmonize patient data from multiple sources into a single standards-conformant data structure, keep patients engaged and connected throughout their care journey, and creates customized experiences and workflows. VARA powers digital health solutions across the globe and the healthcare spectrum, including clinical trials, digital therapeutics and Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) applications, and next-generation patient support hubs.
Looking for a new challenge? Are you a Software Engineer looking to bring your passions and dreams to work?
As a Senior Software Engineer on our product team you will:
- Work with a team of smart, driven globally experienced and globally distributed engineers designing, developing and maintaining enterprise-level applications using object oriented and service oriented technologies
- Have the flexibility to propose and implement your own ideas and solutions to challenging problems
- Interact with customers and end users to understand needs and how best to keep them engaged while using our products and services
- Own your career growth as far as your abilities, skills, and adaptability will take you while building a unique company that will produce the next generation of global business leaders
- Receive great benefits, including unlimited time off, flexible work schedules, and the ability to work from home
Desired Skills & Experience (The Core):
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with commercial-grade software development
- Ability to adapt to new business demands and technologies to deliver the best solutions possible
- Ability to learn from as well as to teach others around you
- Understand the full stack of modern software applications - from the UI down to the infrastructure and networking layers
- Experience with modern technology best practices, including project management, testing and CI
- Knowledge of OOAD, UML, Agile and Design Patterns
- A BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent – but experience tells all!
Desired Skills & Experience (The Plus):
- Experience in Node.js and platforms such as Express.js, Koa.js, Hapi.js, etc.
- Experience with PHP (Symphony, Drupal) and Python development
- Experience with modern architectures including cloud infrastructure, Docker, and ELK, eventing/queues, and microservices
- Knowledge in mobile development technologies - native or hybrid
- Experience in a regulated environment where security and compliance is front and center
Character and Interests (The Edge):
- Ability to multitask, absorb new technologies, and work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
- Ability to work with business clients, facilitating discussions, and assimilating processes, issues and needs
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability; “can do” attitude
- A determination to learn and grow your skills and capabilities
Have we described you? Or does this sound like a role for you? Then join the ever expanding Medullan family and grow with us.