Software Architect; VARA digital health platform
Important: When applying, please include a short cover letter or note about why you're the right person for this position, mentioning specific relevant qualifications. Applications without this information will not be processed
Looking for a new challenge? Are you a senior technology professional looking to bring your passions and dreams to work?
Note: we also welcome senior software engineers with proven track records who want to grow into the architect role.
As a Software Architect on our product team you will:
- Work with a team of smart, driven, globally experienced and globally distributed engineers designing, developing and maintaining enterprise-level applications using object oriented and service oriented technologies
- Propose, defend, and implement your own ideas and solutions to challenging problems
- Be responsible for the architecture and design of new features and capabilities of the platform, taking into account requirements, security, and performance
- Maintain documentation of the system architecture and components
- Work closely with the VP of Technology to execute on the product roadmap
- Work with pre-sales and product management teams in solution demonstrations
- Work with the Product Manager in planning and execution of new product releases
- Provide support for production escalations and problem resolution for customers
- Be a mentor to other team members on both career and technical topics
- Receive great benefits, including unlimited time off, flexible work schedules, and the ability to work from home
Desired Skills & Experience (The Core):
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years experience with commercial-grade software development
- Working with or architecting complex software composed of multiple components/microservices
- Experience with cloud-based architectures and technologies (including supporting SaaS services)
- Strong understanding of modern system design (HTML, mobile, data storage, logging, backups, load balancing, etc.)
- Hands on API design and implementation experience
- Strong aptitude for problem solving
- Knowledge of OOAD, UML, Agile and Design Patterns
Desired Skills & Experience (The Plus):
- Experience in Node.js and platforms such as Express.js, Koa.js, Hapi.js, etc.
- Experience with Docker and containerization, especially Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed computing (workers, queues, reliability architecture, etc.)
- A strong understanding of full stack development - mobile/browser interfaces through infrastructure
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- A BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent – but experience tells all!
Character and Interests (The Edge):
- Ability to multitask, absorb new technologies, and work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
- Ability to work with business clients, facilitating discussions, and assimilating processes, issues and needs
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability; “can do” attitude
- A determination to learn and grow your skills and capabilities
Have we described you? Does this sound like a role for you? Then join the ever expanding Medullan family and grow with us.