People Business Partner
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The People Business Partner role will provide strategic generalist support to leaders at all levels of the R&D Division of Medidata. The individual will influence the business on issues involving talent assessment, succession planning, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, employee and management development, compensation, performance management and employee engagement. In other words, a full-service business consultant to a fast-paced, dynamic business area.
The R&D area includes the Technology and Product group which both set the vision and also execute on the strategy by building Medidata's suite of products. There are 8 different groups within this area and the People Business Partner will have the opportunity to work across all areas on cross-R&D initiatives and processes as well as to own their own group for an opportunity to go deeper in helping set the people strategy in that given area.
- Know the business being served to help address the organization and talent needs
- Partner to implement and drive the people strategy on talent, resourcing, engagement and culture in alignment with the business priorities to drive results
- Partner with senior leadership using strong influencing skills and providing HR guidance and solutions on hiring, career pathing, organizational change, culture, diversity and inclusion, and so much more
- Propose and develop creative solutions to challenges that are identified through an understanding of the business, the conversations that are taking place across the organization, reviews of data and external trends
- Work comfortably with data, being able to spot trends as well as use data to tell a story
- Provide leadership coaching and change management support to leaders
- Partner with managers on effective performance management
- Intervene in employee related issues or investigations
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast paced and dynamic environment with ambiguity and change; adapting to and being a champion for positive change
- Leverages strong business acumen and analytic capability to integrate HR and business strategies
- Able to uncover issues & root causes and apply business focused solutions
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
- The ability to get things done through others, without a direct reporting relationship
- Ability to apply and create “best practice” solutions
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and have a bias for thoughtful action
- Experience in one or more core HR disciplines (Business Partnering, Compensation and Analytics, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, etc.)
- Skilled at building credibility and effective relationships and is a strong collaborator
- Demonstrated proficiency in coaching, influencing, negotiating and managing conflict
- Understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Resilient with a high level of personal integrity and energy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- A driven, results-oriented professional who thrives in a collaborative, open, and fun culture
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 6-9 years of relevant experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 17,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.