Senior Lead Customer Success Manager
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The Senior Lead Customer Success Manager is responsible for driving the ongoing satisfaction, adoption enablement, and outcomes realization for Medidata’s customers. They act as internal champion to coordinate the cross-functional motions required for sustained customer success and growth. Key focus areas will include retention, advocacy, adoption, and growth for a defined portfolio of customers.
- Lead the development and execution of action plans to achieve identified customer outcomes for a defined portfolio of accounts
- Manage customer interactions in a manner that establishes credibility and trust as a business advisor to a specified portfolio of accounts
- Collaborate cross-functionally to shepherd customers through an optimal customer journey that engenders strong satisfaction, supports high-levels of software utilization, and enables true business value attainment.
- Maintain an effective account governance process in collaboration with customers key stakeholders as well as the internal account team.
- Execute growth, advocacy, and adoption plays at named accounts to increase customer utilization, maturity, and drive demand for incremental solutions.
- Lead the development and measurement of key performance indicators for a defined portfolio of accounts.
- Administer a customer ambassador program to develop customer specific case studies and references
- Maintain a portfolio of accounts with low churn, high adoption, and high health scores.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-functionally to complete full resolution by developing and running cross-functional remediation/escalation plays.
- Provide timely updates to commercial teams about potential qualified opportunities.
- Continually work to evolve and improve the Customer Success discipline within and across Medidata
- Advocate on behalf of the Customer Success organization, internally and externally, to show our specialization in customer satisfaction, adoption, and outcomes enablement.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to extend the reach and capability of the Customer Success team
- Familiarity with customer success organizations
- Strong orientation toward problem solving with a systematic and managed approach
- Strong technical aptitude with an ability to understand SaaS and software business models
- Extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams
- Urgency in execution and tendency toward speed with ability to adapt and change
- Strong empathy for customers
- Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen including experience working in a B2B environment
- Proven ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- English language fluency
- Korean language fluency
- Strong executive presence
Your Education & Experience:
- Minimum 8 years life sciences or medical devices industry experience
- Minimum 8 years in marketing, customer success, sales, or services
- Minimum 8 years in a direct customer facing role
- Familiarity with clinical trial software or similar a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30%
- Clinical trials expertise a plus
- MBA or similar a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions Korea Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.