Commercial Desk, Manager
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.medidata.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
In this role, you will partner with the Sales team in supporting overall deal management, structuring, pricing, financial modeling and analysis. Success in the role requires the ability to work across organizations, with a customer centric sense of urgency. The role may also support account teams during customer facing meetings.
• Provide business, pricing, and analytical support to Sales for large, complex, and/or non-standard transactions.
• Translate the value proposition of Medidata’s offering into deal structures that assist the sales representatives in negotiating the most favorable terms and conditions for Medidata.
• Manage complex deal structures, working closely with Sales representatives to articulate customer requirements, the business case, and deal value to several stakeholders across Medidata.
• Serve as the trusted advisor to the field on pricing, margins, deal structure, and business terms.
• Provide a “hands-on” approach to complex situations or escalations and work cross-functionally (e.g. Legal, Finance, Product, etc.) to provide a resolution while maximizing revenue/bookings.
• Foster and maintain strong working relationships with critical business partners (e.g. Finance, Legal, Support, etc.) to expedite the review and approval process.
• Manage approval process for non-standard, most complex and high visibility sales transactions to meet customer’s critical business requirements while expediting sales velocity, and adhering to Medidata’s operational policies and accounting & legal practices.
• Ensure that complex transactions are operationalized and communicated to all relevant parties to provide visibility and awareness to support efficient implementation end to end.
• Partner with pricing team to provide analysis around trends in customer requests and pricing;
• Continuously develop new standards on deal management for internal review and implementation.
• Strong Quantitative and Analytics skills.
• Strong familiarity with SaaS pricing models and typical SaaS legal terms and conditions
• Well versed in sales methodologies and their application to the team selling environment
• Comfortable presenting and engaging with cross-functional teams, customers, and executive management.
• Ability to analyze and recommend the best course of action for complex pricing and licensing situations.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and prior experience with modeling and analysis is essential in performing the role successfully.
• Team player: experience working across functions to deliver customer/prospect/client facing pricing proposals.
• Proactive, creative, entrepreneurial and results oriented.
• Able to synthesize many threads of information to generate strategic and financial insight.
Your Education & Experience:
• Minimum 5-8 years experience with complex software solutions and SaaS
• Minimum 3 years experience with growth technology environments is preferred either directly at such a company, or indirectly through a - consulting relationship
• Experience in Revenue Recognition/Legal/ Sales Planning/Operations or Business Contracting
• BS/BA Required
• Advanced degree or MBA preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.