Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Real-World Evidence team is dedicated to the advancement of real-world evidence to impact and shape the future of healthcare. Through deep expertise in data, analytics, and technology, the team helps customers effectively leverage real-world data throughout the health care life cycle.
The RWE Epidemiologist critically supports this mission with client delivery of scientifically rigorous, timely, and relevant observational research studies, leveraging Medidata software and resources. Study types include, but are not limited to, burden of illness, unmet need, real-world outcomes, disease epidemiology and natural history, quality of care, and treatment patterns.
- Provide internal and external subject matter expertise on epidemiological methodologies, observational study conduct, and real-world evidence generation
- Consultatively engage with clients around real-world evidence strategy, data due diligence, and observational research study needs.
- Support client sales activities with respect to client needs assessments, scoping of research projects, and proposal preparation
- Preparation and review of research study deliverables including presentations, study protocols, statistical analysis plans, clinical study reports and other relevant documents.
- Drive the development and writing of posters and manuscripts for publication, and presentation of research findings at scientific congresses
- Coordinate with Product to identify and resolve product gaps
- Fluency with epidemiological research and population study methodologies
- Effectively translate client needs into research study objectives; effectively translate analytic results into insights, recommendations, and actionable evidence
- Clear and concise writing and presentation skills to successfully assist in completion of projects
- Strong collaboration and project management skills to ensure timely execution of research studies while coordinating across all relevant stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work and advise on multiple projects at the same time.
Your Education & Experience:
- Advanced degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Pharmacoeconomics, Health Services Research or equivalent. PhD a plus.
- 2+ years of work experience in one of the following types of highly structured or scientific environments: management/healthcare consulting, life sciences, data and analytics role.
- Experience analyzing data at the patient, physician, or payer level (e.g., electronic medical records, clinical trials, administrative claims, specialty pharmacy, wholesale, etc.) a plus
- Experience with SQL. Experience using R, Python, or SAS a plus.
- Experience with open-source common data models (e.g., OHDSI/OMOP, CDISC/SDTM/ADaM, Sentinel, etc.) a plus
- Travel up to 25% to engage with customers and the marketplace
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.