Product Manager, Analytics (Open to remote)
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Product Manager, Analytics is responsible for conducting various data analyses in support of Medidata’s clinical business intelligence goals and product strategies. He/she will also provide support as requested in the development of reports. The Product Manager, Analytics will join Medidata’s Product Management team for data visualization, analytics, and reporting to help define and translate business requirements into functional specifications. This position is responsible for assisting product managers with complex designs and creating the detailed functional specifications using the Agile methodologies and tools.
- Lead and actively participate in industry and market discussion and publication of topics related to Medidata Clinical Cloud solutions and the platform
- Deep knowledge of solution & customer business
- Support product operations as a subject matter expert for product features and functions
- Story map for a general business requirement
- Define requirements and create specifications for multiple products and modules across multiple solutions
- Lead and support development of charters with Product Management and Solution Owners for releases
- Detailed value for user ROI/Value
- Identify or refine requirements for existing or new products and modules across solutions to direct platform implementation
- Define essential elements of product and solution roadmaps
- Review and direct specification development by others
- Review and direct product and solution support tools, processes, and configuration in concert with platform implementation
- Deep knowledge of product awareness : Release epic videos & messaging
- Expertise and knowledge of BI tools and integrating clinical data for the purpose of analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills sufficient to present to C-suite level executives
- Expert analysis and problem solving skills to take on highly complex, interdependent problems at an enterprise level
- Detail-oriented planning and organization skills across multiple projects and organizations
- Expertise using tools used for client presentations, collaboration with other teams, requirements management, workflow definition, product issue management, and testing requirements. (for example, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, Google Docs, Vizio, Lucidchart, Jira, Cucumber, GitHub, Bugzilla, Rally)
- Understanding of regulations related to data used in clinical trials
Your Education & Experience:
- 4 year college degree
- 6+ years experience with progressively greater responsibility for business analysis at technology or pharmaceutical companies
- Demonstrated expert competency leading and developing product documentation of features and functions for multiple software projects of various sizes and complexity
- Thought-leader and active contributor to industry discussion forums for software development or clinical research and clinical trial data topics
- 6+ years experience leading and writing software requirements and user stories for complex systems and solutions in a SaaS environment
- 6+ years experience working with teams using a defined software development methodology including in-depth experience working with agile development on multiple projects
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 17,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.