Senior Data Engineering Lead - Sensor Data
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Provide technology leadership to a diverse, remote engineering team
- Design and program event-driven streaming data pipelines to integrate and analyze diverse sources of medical sensor data to generate actionable insights and product enhancements
- Design, implement, and document data architecture and data modeling solutions, which include the use of relational, dimensional, and NoSQL databases and which support enterprise information management, business intelligence, machine learning, data science, and other business interests
- Identify meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interpret and communicate insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers
- Providing technology leadership to a team of engineers
- Designing enterprise data models and data-oriented APIs
- Leveraging semantic data modeling frameworks like RDF, OWL, and SHACL
- Building ETL or analytical pipelines combining multiple streaming data technologies including Kafka, Flink, Spark, S3, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Serverless or similar
- Using a panoply of database technologies, relational and non-relational, including Cassandra, DynamoDB, Athena, Elasticsearch, Redis, various triplestores, and the like
- Coding in multiple languages like Python, Java, Scala, R, SQL, SPARQL, MATLAB, Julia in the context of data-oriented problems
- Analyzing time series data
- Applying machine learning algorithms to large data sets
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelors in math, data or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in data engineering and or data science
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.