Lead Java Application Engineer
Medidata (www.mdsol.com) is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence, our Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes throughout the life-cycle of a clinical trial.
To understand more on our mission and what inspires us, click here:
Our London Engineering Team
You will be part of a c.120 person SaaS Technology production environment. In London we own the end to end engineering for an enterprise scale software platform that supports thousands of clinical trials every day. It's rare that this scale of software engineering production is managed from outside the US.
Just over a year ago we moved into purpose built offices high above the skyline of Hammersmith, just 60 seconds walk from the tube. You will enjoy modern workspaces, games rooms and a culture that is mission driven, collaborative and fun!
Introduction to our Product & The Challenge:
Edge CTMS is a centralised, enterprise clinical trial management system (CTMS) that helps effectively deploy critical resources, proactively address performance issues and streamline operational workflows. This product is used by over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centres and contract research organisations around the world.
We are developing services for CTMS functionality that will move us into a more integrated future with our platform product suite. But we are also investing in engineers to move our current implementation forward in areas of performance and scalability as our many customers’ demands evolve and grow. There are lots of opportunities to be part of this multi-tiered growth.Some core competencies we are looking for:
- Ability to use disparate pieces of information to drive investigation and problem solving
- Expert-level experience in troubleshooting & debugging web server platforms and software, crafting technical solutions that are business and customer driven.
- Strong proficiency with Java. Mastery and experience of other tech stacks in your career is a real bonus.
- Mentoring and leading less experienced members of the team
- Experience working in an Agile and XP environment - an advocate for TDD, BDD and automation
- Experienced working closely with remote teams
- Base salary - to be honest there's a big range here, but if we’re a good match for you and vice versa, we’re good at making it work!
- 10% bonus
- Other benefits include a lucrative stock purchase plan, great pension, free private health and dental care for you + family, 25 days holiday + many other enterprise grade perks.
More on Medidata
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform!!
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity,sexual orientation or disability