Market Intelligence Analyst
The Market Intelligence Analyst is responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and communicating relevant industry data to help Medidata make more informed strategic decisions and realize its mission to power smarter treatments and healthier people. The cross-functional team covers market, customer, competitor, and regulatory trends and provides insights to product, marketing, sales, and finance divisions. The Analyst must demonstrate a passion for life sciences, proactive willingness to learn and contribute, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and deliver quality work on a deadline. Position can be based in Boston or New York.
- Develop and maintain processes and systems for external information gathering, timely analysis and efficient communications
- Analyze industry trends, competitive initiatives and other market information relevant to Medidata
- Distribute weekly newsletter with market/competitive news
- Contribute to field talking points, messaging documents, solutions strategy, and other relevant documents for internal use, tailored to unique stakeholders
- Work with functional groups - marketing, sales, product, finance - on business strategies, correctives, plans, etc.
- Develop strong collaboration with other Medidata internal functions
- Intellectually curious and strong work ethic - interest in life sciences industry critical
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Strong computer skills. Comfortable with Excel, proficient in Powerpoint
- Excellent analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to learn new information and quickly build a knowledge base
- Capacity to handle a high degree of multitasking on a daily basis, adaptable and flexible while responding to deadlines on assignments
- Strong team player
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Economics, Finance, Business, or related degree
- Up to two years’ work experience in an analyst capacity with experience organizing and analyzing large datasets
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.