Technical Account Manager
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The Technical Account Management Function initiates and facilitates support related discussions with assigned customers and develops strong relationships with key customer contacts. The focus of work is in delivering services which include troubleshooting, problem resolution, strategic planning, and proactive account management from a support perspective. This support and advisory role contribute to improving a client’s overall customer experience with Medidata.
- Respond to customer inquiries to determine appropriate resolution path or service improvement strategies
- The Technical Account Manager will meet with customers directly to facilitate the best approach for customer’s internal practices while deploying additional Medidata products into their organization.
- Maintain product, platform, and industry knowledge necessary to offer broad support to customers increasing the ability to recognize new business opportunities
- Facilitate strategic account discussions in conjunction with Sales and Professional Services, to ensure a positive customer experience
- Develop and foster relationships with named client personnel for assigned accounts
- Work with other Medidata departments to meet service goals and achieve service level agreements (SLAs).
- Work with the technical support team to ensure a full understanding of client requirements and needs per market segment.
- Work with customers and/or partners to receive accurate information used to analyze and diagnose product and service issues
- Identify, document, research, and resolve service and product issues, questions, and concerns in a timely manner
- Coordinate support resources for escalated issues, working in partnership with Tier 1 Helpdesk, Technical Support, Professional Services, and/or Product Development/Delivery teams
- Documents customer information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development
Your Education & Experience:
- Experience in working in Customer Service customer-facing environment supporting software or SaaS applications/technology/service offerings
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical/Healthcare/Clinical industry a strong plus
- Exceptional communication skills (oral/written)
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Travel availability 10-20%, international travel may be required; overnight and/or weekend travel may be required
- May be required to provide support after hours based on client need
- Inside Sales, and/or Training (preferred information technology, pharmaceutical industry, clinical trials, regulatory, or medical field experience.) a strong plus
- Background in account management and client relationship development
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.