Senior DevOps & Product Automation Engineer
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
As a Senior DevOps & Product Automation Engineer, you are responsible for the automation & deployment strategy and framework for our patient-facing suite of products. These products are primarily mobile applications (and supporting backend apps & services) used by patients who participate in clinical trials. You will assess our current state of automation & deployment and work with team leaders, engineers and testers to lay out our go-forward plan. You will then lead execution and team adoption of CI/CD, automation tools & best practices.
● Work with the Engineering & Testing team to ensure the CI flow is complete and meaningful.
● Work with the Engineering & Testing team to build/setup product monitoring alerts, logging & Log management.
● Able to work with Release engineering to implement the CI/CD pipeline.
● Able to write deployment scripts, automate deployment process & troubleshoot infrastructure issues.
● Own and manage automation framework to run tests for our mobile/web applications.
● Identify gaps in the current automation suite and help prioritize those / get them into the development backlog
● Build some (not all) automation scenarios in these areas: missing low level coverage, full integration, and key functional area smoke test (i.e. locale-related testing)
● Coach engineers and testers on writing and maintaining impactful unit and integration automation
● Work to establish standardization across our team with respect to automation & testing automation
● Weigh-in on design and testing considerations, estimates and approach during our Agile SDLC (feature planning, grooming, etc)
● Identify automation opportunities in the Validation process and work with our team to prioritize those / get them into the development backlog
● Help the team build meaningful test data sets based upon Real-World production data that mimics how our customers use our products
● Benchmark (performance) critical areas in our products, identify any bottlenecks that can be re-architected for speed increases and work to get them into the team backlog
● Participate in manual testing activities when time permits, primarily as a means of understanding our testing practices / approaches and using that experience to prioritize and advance our automation efforts in the right way
● Attend sprint planning meetings and discuss testing issues
● Lead evaluation and adoption of automation and other testing-related tools that are best-fit for our products & team
The must haves…
● Extensive automation & deployment experience (5+ years), including experience in guiding teams to developing & deploying tools.
● Mobile testing & Web app experience (knowledge of tools like Xctest and/or Espresso)
● Experience with Jenkins/Travis, Docker, Sumo Logic, Cloud watch, New Relic, Git or similar tools
● Experience working in aws infrastructure.
● Experience working with scripting languages like Python
● Ability to understand and trace large mobile code bases
● API testing tools experience (for example Postman
● Ability to Coach and propagate valuable automation, engineering & testing practices within the team
The nice to haves but not required…
● Hands-on native app mobile development experience (Swift, Koitlin, Java)
● Experience with model-based automation testing tools & approaches
● Clinical industry experience is an asset
Your Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems; or equivalent experience
2-5 years minimum testing and/or development experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.