People Operations Coordinator
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
We are looking for a team player who enjoys a fast-paced environment and thrives in roles that require teamwork, collaboration, and communication. If you are a self-starter who is looking to expand your knowledge of HR and HR Operations while partnering across the HR Organization in providing best in class customer service to our employees, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The People Operations Coordinator will primarily be responsible for providing service and support to all employees, managers, and third parties by responding in a timely manner to inquiries and requests for assistance. This role will require completing assignments and tasks by set deadlines, including data entry, and ensuring forms, documents and processes are complete and properly updated. You will also provide guidance to managers and employees ensuring consistent application of company policies and legal compliance. The successful candidate will be self-directed, motivated, dependable, detail-oriented, and be a strong team player; this includes showing a drive for results, inquisitiveness, and adaptability.
- Support the People Operations team members in all aspects of on-boarding, including scheduling first day activities, conducting new hire orientations, collecting and processing new hire paperwork and providing immigration support when applicable.
- Manage Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and HRIS, including opening and updating new job requisitions for permanent and temporary positions and ensuring all job postings are up to date.
- Initiate offer letters, organize new hire documents, and manage the background check process.
- Update and process in HRIS systems employee changes such as promotions, transfers, manager changes and support the maintenance and data integrity in our internal ATS and HRIS systems.
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities along with possible solutions to better leverage technology and help the People Operations team scale.
- Be an ‘Employee Ambassador’; assisting with employment verifications, answering questions about our Employee Referral program, and proudly communicating the incentives of the company and initiatives of the People Team.
- Be available to employees when they have questions and proactively check on employees if you anticipate them needing support.
- Maintain appropriate level of process, program and policy knowledge to help Medidatians perform at their highest level.
- Complete miscellaneous administrative tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Cross-functional partnership with non-HR groups as needed and required by project work.
Your Education & Experience:
- One who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to work independently and proactively; demonstrates initiative - a self-starter who raises their hand for new opportunities, loves learning and is eager to try new things and adapt to learning new processes and changing needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a true customer service orientation towards internal clients.
- Discretion and sensitivity to confidential company and employee information.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong decision-making ability.
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline required; Human Resources or business preferred.
- 0-2 years of prior Human Resources experience.
- Experience with at least one HRIS (ie: PeopleSoft, Workday) system strongly preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Word and Excel a plus??
Note: The requirements should reflect your minimum requirements for the role in general
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.