Director, Product Management
The Director, Product Management directs a comprehensive product strategy from product conception and definition through end of life. He/she functions as a central resource with design, manufacturing, quality, test, marketing and distribution as the product(s) move through their lifecycle.
• Drive the development of the next generation of platform product configuration by leveraging protocol design components and their associated metadata and attributes.
- Collaborate with all Product leaders to deliver value through the increased utilization of new metadata and attributes.
- Direct the activities of Product Managers and Managers of Product Management, as well as the Technical Documentation Group
- Define the scope and content of product releases, set timelines for those releases, and manage the development and validation efforts to those timelines
- Provide guidance to product managers in the specification and management of product development efforts
- Manage and participate in the creation of all Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documents such as Functional Specifications, Trace Matrix, Release Notes
- Manage the General Availability process for new releases by coordinating with other groups within Medidata, such as IT, Training and Professional Services
- Act as a focal point for enhancement requests and product guidance, both for customer focus groups and internal focus groups
- Directs those involved in the design, modification and evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of products
- Formulates and executes long-term plans for cost/profit control. Promotes use of new technologies and industry-leading trends
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- A thorough understanding of protocol design elements used in the execution of clinical trials
- A knowledge of data capture methodologies and practices and how they releate to protocol designs
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations effective achievement of objectives
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements
- Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, division, or company operations
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers
- Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company
- Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods
- Strong experience with cross-functional teams including software development and software quality teams
- Attention to detail and managing multiple timelines in parallel
- Solid experience with web based software products
- Solid project management experience, including MS Project
- Experience with Requirements Gathering, Use Case development
- Experience with creating product documentation
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the healthcare/clinical field
- Requires a minimum of 2 years management experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.