VP, People Business Partner Leader
This professional will serve as the VP HRBP Leader. This role will operate as a “business consultant” and serve as credible, trusted advisor to provide solutions and recommendations to enhance operational effectiveness and ultimately drive improved business outcomes.
Additional Responsibilities Will Include:
Lead the Human Resources Talent Review process and work closely with leaders to understand individuals/teams, develop succession plans and growth strategies for employees, and ultimately drive focus and accountability for building a world class organization.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and partner where people understand that your drive and determination is to enable their success.
- Help with the design of Operating Models with a focus on Organizational Effectiveness and Teaming.
- Partner with leadership on strategic initiatives, organization development, change management, and complex employee issues to strengthen overall organizational capability.
- Create strong relationships and partnerships, leveraging the strengths of Medidata’s Human Resources Centers of Expertise to ensure outstanding, full service support to the business.
- Leverage and help cultivate the internal culture, values, mission and vision to inspire and engage employees.
- Coach, develop, and assess leaders using established tools as well as new tools that will develop the workforce, such as robust performance management, leadership training, 360 feedback instruments, individual development plans, etc.
- Champion the use of analytics to measure the effectiveness of human capital practices and make changes as needed.
- Perform the role of player / coach, able to build and develop future HR Business Partners
- Advanced interpersonal, listening and communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, and a track record of effectively communicating with and influencing at all levels, including providing critical feedback and the ability to help our executives, managers and employees navigate through difficult situations
- Demonstrated competence and experience in broad fields of human resources including organization design, restructuring and change management, talent acquisition, employee engagement and relations, talent and organization development, performance management, compensation and benefits
- Experience with digitization and HR innovation and an interest in automating HR processes to allow HR to become a more consultative and strategic function
- Have a point of view and the confidence/courage to constructively challenge assumptions even when unpopular, coupled with a high level of professionalism and the sophistication and finesse to push through issues while maintaining relationships
Your Education & Experience:
The Human Resources Business Partner Leader will be a seasoned executive with tremendous drive, intelligence and capability. She/he will be highly motivated and have the ability and desire to have real impact across the organization. The successful candidate will be a multi-dimensional thinker who operates not only on the basis of important past experiences, but in light of new approaches and developments that occur in the market. Additional personal and professional attributes include:
- Experience designing and implementing talent strategies aligned with business strategies
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to create and lead highly effective/efficient and successful teams and working atmosphere
- Experience managing projects, including defining scope, managing budgets, driving deliverables, meeting deadlines and managing competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to lead the successful execution of high performance human capital practices across multiple facilities/geographies, globally
- Experience engaging and partnering with local, international HR Business Partners on local HR matters
- An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree, ideally an MBA or Masters in HR Management, is desirable
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.