Senior Application Engineer (Python)
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
- Be passionate about application development! Your primary responsibilities will include hands-on development of Medidata’s software applications with C# .NET, Python, Microsoft SQL Server and Amazon Web Services.
- Design, build, test, document, deploy, monitor, and maintain applications in a production environment.
- Apply good technical practices such as continuous integration, continuous delivery, test automation, and Github Pull Request reviews.
- Work closely with Agile team members, collaborating with testers to ensure quality and with product managers to turn great ideas into detailed requirements.
- Be self motivated and eager to engage in high impact, challenging engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment
- Experience programming in C# .NET and Python
- Experience with object-oriented design and principles
- Experience developing cloud-based web applications (AWS preferred)
- Experience working with Docker containerization
- Experience with deployment infrastructure and CI/CD
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL
- Experience building scalable web services
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with TDD
- Experience working with a Source control management system (Git/Github preferred)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- BDD experience or desire
- Exhibits the ability to write clean/maintainable code
- Self starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision
Your Education & Experience:
- Be excited about staying current with new technologies and engineering concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related field); or have completed a development boot camp; or equivalent years of experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 17,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.