Technical Support Specialist, eCOA (mobile technology)
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The primary responsibilities of the Technical Support Specialist, eCOA are to provide high-touch support to end-users by identifying, researching and resolving problems and issues potentially related to patient devices (iOS/Android) or Medidata Clinical Cloud. The Technical Support Specialist provides in-depth technical product support by troubleshooting the code, querying the databases, and understanding the underlying devices and technologies. The Technical Support Specialist has a comprehensive understanding of various internet and networking technologies, handheld and tablet devices, and can troubleshoot issues from configuration to code. They take an active role in identifying defects, documenting system behaviors, and providing technical guidance to various internal stakeholders.
- Create and maintain necessary knowledge objects, in applicable languages, which will be used by all Customer Success teams.
- Provide users with support on technical, operational, and user/account-related issues, on the phone, via e-mail/ticketing system and/or in person.
- Identify, research and resolve all client problems, questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Coordinate support resources for all problems and issues not resolved during the initial contact with client.
- Monitor and ensure 100% accuracy of all escalations and work requests throughout the day and consistently resolve, de-escalate, or further escalate within the required client Service Level Agreements.
- Coordinate issue resolution efforts with other departments to ensure timely and efficient resolutions are met and customer satisfaction is upheld.
- Maintain proper tracking of problem resolution and conduct trend analysis for reference and management reporting.
- Distinguish between application, operating system, network, and hardware problems, with an understanding of IT systems design, analysis, and integrations.
- Ability to Present complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Reproduce technical problems, diagnose causes, identify temporary and long-term solutions and communicate status updates to clients.
- Inform and instruct users on new products, features and best practices.
- Manage and assist in the development and revisions of Training Presentations, Exercises, Quick Reference Guides and Other Support Materials.
- Strong Customer Service skills, both telephone and email, with excellent oral and written communications.
- Previous Helpdesk or Desk Side Support Experience is a big plus.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and protocols.
- Experience with MS Outlook, MS Windows, MS Office Suite, Microsoft SQL Server, Magic Service Desk or other Issue Tracking software preferred.
- Ability to deliver with high quality of work keeping in frame support metrics like Customer Satisfaction, Turnaround Times, timely follow ups etc.
- Ability to understand and write SQL scripts to extract and update data from databases.
- Must have the ability to learn new products as needed.
- Native Japanese (read/write/speak) and business English required.
Your Education & Experience:
- Experience in Life Sciences or with eCOA / ePRO solutions is a plus
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or an advanced degree without experience.