Senior Software Engineer (Clojure or Java, Python, AWS) - Open to remote
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. We help produce the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and improve outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers.
Our R&D department has been making amazing strides towards how new medicines are identified and developed by our clients (BioTechs and Pharmaceuticals for example) with Machine Learning & AI. Reporting into the Senior Director, this Lead Software Engineer will help build new products (from ideation on) and create new features for existing products like for example:
- Rave Omics: This product helps to detect diseases by analyzing signals derived from Human DNA.
- Synthetic Control Arms: Often times identifying a clinical trial patient population is a challenge and this product is used to ID patient populations which are hard to find.
- MEDS Perform/ Edge Study Feasibility: This is an intelligence and analytics product giving our clients better decision making capabilities.
- Be the technical leader/Expert for technical of products. Design the architecture, build the solution
- Work with other engineers and technical members on implementation, integration and other development areas
- Have product awareness skills and be able to translate requirements into technical solutions
- Development of application, data and deployment routines
- Create scalable, consumable, performant web applications geared towards an SOA environment
- Suggests/ Identifies appropriate tools to use for solution implementation
- Take pride in code quality and deliverables
- Clojure experience is a plus
Your Education & Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and 7+ years related experience in software engineering
- Experience with data analysis techniques
- Familiarity with AWS stack with some familiarity in deployments, containerized applications and containers (specifically Docker)
- Basic knowledge of rapid application development or agile processes and source / revision control
- Experience working in a collaborative environment that includes working with scientists and statisticians and productization of research from other scientific teams
- Experience with web API patterns and protocol like REST, GraphQL
- Experience with web and services application security
- Experience with designing, developing and deploying applications and services in cloud platforms preferably AWS
- Experience with serverless technologies like AWS lambda
- Experience designing and developing data pipelines and data-driven services as well as ETL solutions using modern cloud data solutions
Why you'll enjoy working at Medidata:
- Recognized on the list for Best Workplaces 2020 from Great Place to Work
- Health and dental care benefits for you and your family
- Kazoo / Rewards
- D&I Leadership Council; Countless Business Resource Groups
- Access to resources supporting Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Unforgettable (live and virtual!) Summer and Winter parties!
- Remote working flexibility
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.