Business Analyst Intern
Our Industry: Where We Play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 500 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Cofounders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on demand. Developing cutting edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
- Work under the direction of business leaders and product management to provide feature-based solutions that support Medidata product strategy
- Gain an understanding of client needs through client interaction and other market research
- Interact with other Business Analysts, Product Owners and internal stakeholders to understand new business requirements and enhancement requests.
- Work with product members to finalize product priorities, including bug fixes
- Create and contribute to the business/product requirements documentation
- Interact with architecture, engineering, and quality assurance teams during the software build and/or configuration process and testing process
- Consistent efforts to deliver quality solutions as per agreed scope.
- Ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects meet specific standards
- Actively participate in meetings, including all agile meetings, and make valuable contribution.
- University degree, preferably in information systems, mathematics, computer science, or other relevant areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sufficient to present to internal stakeholders
- Sufficient to present to external customers
- Ability to interact with technical resources and effectively communicate technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders
- Critical thinking: Analysis and problem solving skills to address core business problems; Ability to effectively evaluate a problem or situation from all angles to determine the most appropriate solution
- Must have passion for turning data into valuable information and knowledge