(Sr.) Director, Solution Consulting APeJ
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Solution Consulting team at Medidata serves as a primary point of contact to drive the successful introduction, adoption and broad usage of Medidata’s products within the customer and prospect base. Activities of the team include product demos, technical qualification, identification of customer critical business issues, definition of appropriate business and technical solutions, technology evangelizing, and business consulting.
The Director, Solution Consulting will manage, develop, and lead a team of high performing Solution Consultants to ensure the sales and effective delivery of the Medidata platform of products and services. This individual will provide coaching and guidance in product knowledge, sales strategy, relationship building, and preparation and delivery of sales presentations. He/she will provide leadership for the Solution Consulting function across the Sales organization, and integrate strategic direction into the pre-sales program activities and goals.
- Manage a team of Solution Consultants who represent the company and provide all pre-sales technical support and technical account management for their field account managers and partners.
- Meet regularly with the other Solution Consulting Managers to strategize and develop initiatives that will enhance the effectiveness of the Solution Consulting team.
- Assure technical competency and presentation/demo skill sets of the team.
- Mentor, coach and develop the team; provide performance management, salary planning and technical training.
- Partner with sales leadership to achieve regional quota targets and company goals and foster strong sales and SC relationships.
- Develop repeatable, scalable processes to add capacity and bandwidth to the demo and trial process.
- Develop strong working relationships across internal functions (sales, professional services, alliances, customer success, operations, product, marketing, etc.).
- Contribute to product development by providing insight and feedback relative to customers’ critical business issues and solutions opportunities.
- Management experience in a customer-focused sales or presales organization, or equivalent leadership experience in team development
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding customer requirements and proposing solutions.
- Experience with SaaS enterprise software
- Extensive knowledge of existing landscape of Life Science technologies, applications and service providers within a specific discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of presentation and consulting sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Exposure to formal sales methodologies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, requiring superior skills in critical thinking, influencing, and managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Requires a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in life sciences industry and/or medical/clinical operations or equivalent experience in other enterprise systems preferred.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.